Simple defined autoinduction medium for high-level recombinant protein production using T7-based Escherichia coli expression systems.
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractProtein production under the control of lac operon regulatory elements using autoinduction is based on diauxic growth of Escherichia coli on lactose after consumption of more preferred carbon substrates. A novel simple and cost-effective defined autoinduction medium using a mixture of glucose, glycerol, and lactose as carbon substrate and NH(4)(+) as sole nitrogen source without any supplementation of amino acids and vitamins was developed for T7-based E. coli expression systems. This medium was successfully employed in 96-well microtiter plates, test tubes, shake flasks, and 15-L bioreactor cultivations for production of different types of proteins achieving an average yield of 500 mg L(-1) product. Cell-specific protein concentrations and solubility were similar as during conventional isopropyl β-D-1-thiogalactopyranoside induction using Luria-Bertani broth. However, the final yield of target proteins was about four times higher, as a higher final biomass was achieved using this novel defined autoinduction broth.
CitationSimple defined autoinduction medium for high-level recombinant protein production using T7-based Escherichia coli expression systems. 2011, 91 (4):1203-13 Appl. Microbiol. Biotechnol.
AffiliationHelmholtz Centre for Infection Research (SB), Braunschweig, Germany.
The following license files are associated with this item:
- Use of slow glucose feeding as supporting carbon source in lactose autoinduction medium improves the robustness of protein expression at different aeration conditions.
- Authors: Ukkonen K, Mayer S, Vasala A, Neubauer P
- Issue date: 2013 Oct
- Predictive tool for recombinant protein production in Escherichia coli shake-flask cultures using an on-line monitoring system.
- Authors: Kunze M, Huber R, Gutjahr C, Müllner S, Büchs J
- Issue date: 2012 Jan-Feb
- Optimizing the expression of a monoclonal antibody fragment under the transcriptional control of the Escherichia coli lac promoter.
- Authors: Donovan RS, Robinson CW, Glick BR
- Issue date: 2000 Jun
- Galactose can be an inducer for production of therapeutic proteins by auto-induction using E. coli BL21 strains.
- Authors: Xu J, Banerjee A, Pan SH, Li ZJ
- Issue date: 2012 May
- Reduction of acetate accumulation in Escherichia coli cultures for increased recombinant protein production.
- Authors: Wong MS, Wu S, Causey TB, Bennett GN, San KY
- Issue date: 2008 Mar