MUGEN mouse database; animal models of human immunological diseases.
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
Kontoyiannis, D L
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe MUGEN mouse database (MMdb) (www.mugen-noe.org/database/) is a database of murine models of immune processes and immunological diseases. Its aim is to share and publicize information on mouse strain characteristics and availability from participating institutions. MMdb's basic classification of models is based on three major research application categories: Models of Human Disease, Models of Immune Processes and Transgenic Tools. Data on mutant strains includes detailed information on affected gene(s), mutant allele(s) and genetic background (DNA origin, gene targeted, host and backcross strain background). Each gene/transgene index also includes IDs and direct links to Ensembl, ArrayExpress, EURExpress and NCBI's Entrez Gene database. Phenotypic description is standardized and hierarchically structured, based on MGI's mammalian phenotypic ontology terms. Availability (e.g. live mice, cryopreserved embryos, sperm and ES cells) is clearly indicated, along with handling and genotyping details (in the form of documents or hyperlinks) and all relevant contact information (including EMMA and Jax/IMSR hyperlinks where available). MMdb's design offers a user-friendly query interface and provides instant access to the list of mutant strains and genes. Database access is free of charge and there are no registration requirements for data querying.
CitationMUGEN mouse database; animal models of human immunological diseases. 2008, 36 (Database issue):D1048-54 Nucleic Acids Res.
AffiliationB.S.R.C. Alexander Fleming, 34 Fleming Street, 16672, Vari, Greece. firstname.lastname@example.org
JournalNucleic acids research
The following license files are associated with this item:
- CreZOO--the European virtual repository of Cre and other targeted conditional driver strains.
- Authors: Chandras C, Zouberakis M, Salimova E, Smedley D, Rosenthal N, Aidinis V
- Issue date: 2012
- Transgenic and knockout databases: behavioral profiles of mouse mutants.
- Authors: Anagnostopoulos AV, Mobraaten LE, Sharp JJ, Davisson MT
- Issue date: 2001 Aug
- Availability and characterization of transgenic and knockout mice with behavioral manifestations: where to look and what to search for.
- Authors: Anagnostopoulos AV, Sharp JJ, Mobraaten LE, Eppig JT, Davisson MT
- Issue date: 2001 Nov 1
- A1ATVar: a relational database of human SERPINA1 gene variants leading to alpha1-antitrypsin deficiency and application of the VariVis software.
- Authors: Zaimidou S, van Baal S, Smith TD, Mitropoulos K, Ljujic M, Radojkovic D, Cotton RG, Patrinos GP
- Issue date: 2009 Mar
- Pathbase: a database of mutant mouse pathology.
- Authors: Schofield PN, Bard JB, Booth C, Boniver J, Covelli V, Delvenne P, Ellender M, Engstrom W, Goessner W, Gruenberger M, Hoefler H, Hopewell J, Mancuso M, Mothersill C, Potten CS, Quintanilla-Fend L, Rozell B, Sariola H, Sundberg JP, Ward A
- Issue date: 2004 Jan 1