Design, synthesis and evaluation of novel 16-imidazolyl substituted steroidal derivatives possessing potent diversified pharmacological properties.
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
Bodhankar, Subhash L
Patwardhan, Moreshwar R
Hartmann, Rolf W
Harvey, Alan L
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractAs a part of our investigations into the structural-activity relationship studies of a novel class of medicinally active 16-substituted steroids, several new 16-imidazolyl substituted steroidal derivatives have been synthesized and pharmacologically evaluated in the current study. The new steroidal analogues 5, 6, 8, 9, 11 and 12 exhibited moderate cytotoxic effects in sixty cancer cell lines derived from nine cancers types. The imidazolyl substituted steroidal derivatives 6 (DPJ-RG-1241) and 7 (RB-401) were obtained as the powerful inhibitors of aromatase with IC50=0.18 μM and IC50=0.168 μM, respectively, approximately 1.2 and 1.4 times more potent in comparison to standard drug exemestane. The bis-quaternary steroids 13 and 14 displayed potent skeletal muscle relaxant properties. An affinity constant of 0.007 μM was observed for compound 14 on frog rectus abdominis muscle preparation and 13 displayed a very high anticholinesterase activity K(i)=25 nM, approximately 115-fold higher in comparison to standard drug galanthamine (K(i)=2.9 μM).
CitationDesign, synthesis and evaluation of novel 16-imidazolyl substituted steroidal derivatives possessing potent diversified pharmacological properties. 2012, 77 (6):621-9 Steroids
AffiliationUniversity Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Sector-14, Panjab University, Chandigarh 160014, India. email@example.com
The following license files are associated with this item:
- Synthesis and biological evaluation of 16E-arylidenosteroids as cytotoxic and anti-aromatase agents.
- Authors: Bansal R, Guleria S, Thota S, Hartmann RW, Zimmer C
- Issue date: 2011
- Steroidal pyrazolines evaluated as aromatase and quinone reductase-2 inhibitors for chemoprevention of cancer.
- Authors: Abdalla MM, Al-Omar MA, Bhat MA, Amr AG, Al-Mohizea AM
- Issue date: 2012 May 1
- Synthesis and biological evaluation of novel steroidal[17,16-d][1,2,4]triazolo[1,5-a]pyrimidines.
- Authors: Huang LH, Zheng YF, Lu YZ, Song CJ, Wang YG, Yu B, Liu HM
- Issue date: 2012 May
- Synthesis and antineoplastic activity of O-alkylated derivatives of 7-hydroximinoandrost-5-ene steroids.
- Authors: Bansal R, Guleria S, Ries C, Hartmann RW
- Issue date: 2010 Jul
- Synthesis and antitumor activity of novel 2-substituted indoline imidazolium salt derivatives.
- Authors: Xu XL, Yu CL, Chen W, Li YC, Yang LJ, Li Y, Zhang HB, Yang XD
- Issue date: 2015 Feb 7