Genome sequence of the orange-pigmented seawater bacterium Owenweeksia hongkongensis type strain (UST20020801(T)).
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
Del Rio, Tijana Glavina
Goodwin, Lynne A
Tindall, Brian J
Detter, John C
Eisen, Jonathan A
Kyrpides, Nikos C
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractLau . 2005 is the sole member of the monospecific genus in the family a poorly characterized family at the genome level thus far. This family comprises seven genera within the class . Family members are known to be psychrotolerant, rod-shaped and orange pigmented (β-carotene), typical for . For growth, seawater and complex organic nutrients are necessary. The genome of UST20020801 is only the second genome of a member of the family whose sequence has been deciphered. Here we describe the features of this organism, together with the complete genome sequence and annotation. The 4,000,057 bp long chromosome with its 3,518 protein-coding and 45 RNA genes is a part of the project.
CitationGenome sequence of the orange-pigmented seawater bacterium Owenweeksia hongkongensis type strain (UST20020801(T)). 2012, 7 (1):120-30 Stand Genomic Sci
AffiliationHZI - Helmholtz Centre for Infection Research, Braunschweig, Germany.
JournalStandards in genomic sciences
The following license files are associated with this item:
- Phaeocystidibacter luteus gen. nov., sp. nov., a member of the family Cryomorphaceae isolated from the marine alga Phaeocystis globosa, and emended description of Owenweeksia hongkongensis.
- Authors: Zhou Y, Su J, Lai Q, Li X, Yang X, Dong P, Zheng T
- Issue date: 2013 Mar
- Owenweeksia hongkongensis gen. nov., sp. nov., a novel marine bacterium of the phylum 'Bacteroidetes'.
- Authors: Lau KW, Ng CY, Ren J, Lau SC, Qian PY, Wong PK, Lau TC, Wu M
- Issue date: 2005 May
- Luteibaculum oceani gen. nov., sp. nov., a carotenoid-producing, lipolytic bacterium isolated from surface seawater, and emended description of the genus Owenweeksia Lau et al. 2005.
- Authors: Shahina M, Hameed A, Lin SY, Lai WA, Liu YC, Hsu YH, Young CC
- Issue date: 2013 Dec
- Genome sequence of the flexirubin-pigmented soil bacterium Niabella soli type strain (JS13-8(T)).
- Authors: Anderson I, Munk C, Lapidus A, Nolan M, Lucas S, Tice H, Del Rio TG, Cheng JF, Han C, Tapia R, Goodwin L, Pitluck S, Liolios K, Mavromatis K, Pagani I, Mikhailova N, Pati A, Chen A, Palaniappan K, Land M, Rohde M, Tindall BJ, Göker M, Detter JC, Woyke T, Bristow J, Eisen JA, Markowitz V, Hugenholtz P, Kyrpides NC, Klenk HP, Ivanova N
- Issue date: 2012 Dec 19
- Complete genome sequence of the gliding freshwater bacterium Fluviicola taffensis type strain (RW262).
- Authors: Woyke T, Chertkov O, Lapidus A, Nolan M, Lucas S, Del Rio TG, Tice H, Cheng JF, Tapia R, Han C, Goodwin L, Pitluck S, Liolios K, Pagani I, Ivanova N, Huntemann M, Mavromatis K, Mikhailova N, Pati A, Chen A, Palaniappan K, Land M, Hauser L, Brambilla EM, Rohde M, Mwirichia R, Sikorski J, Tindall BJ, Göker M, Bristow J, Eisen JA, Markowitz V, Hugenholtz P, Klenk HP, Kyrpides NC
- Issue date: 2011 Oct 15