Analytics of the therapeutic peptide aviptadil by sheathless CE-MS and comparison with nanoRP-HPLC-MS.
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractPurification and quality control of therapeutic peptides is often performed by one single method, RP-HPLC. As usage of an orthogonal technique is highly advisable for quality assurance, capillary electrophoresis (CE) employing a coated capillary coupled via a sheathless interface to a mass spectrometer was applied in parallel. The basic therapeutic peptide aviptadil served as a model substance to study the impurity profiles revealing 15 detectable impurities using CE-MS, two were detected by an appropriate nanoRP-HPLC-MS method. None of the impurities detected by CE were observed in LC and vice versa. The LOD in CE-MS was determined in the base peak electropherogram at ∼1fmol, a value 2500 times smaller than the LOD found in nanoRP-HPLC-MS (3pmol). In nanoRP-HPLC-MS only 0.2% of the extrapolated CE-MS signal for a 25ng aviptadil load was observed. We conclude that both, the LOD as well as the impurity profile of aviptadil, as analyzed by nanoRP-HPLC are influenced by both, the ligand-derivatized silica matrix and the flow-rate. Peptides may disappear completely and their variable emergence may lead to the determination of incorrect ratios as present in the sample.
CitationAnalytics of the therapeutic peptide aviptadil by sheathless CE-MS and comparison with nanoRP-HPLC-MS. 2014, 88:477-82 J Pharm Biomed Anal
AffiliationBiotech Processes and Analytics Department, PharmBioTec GmbH, D-66123 Saarbrücken, Germany. Electronic address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The following license files are associated with this item:
- Optimization and evaluation of a sheathless capillary electrophoresis-electrospray ionization mass spectrometry platform for peptide analysis: comparison to liquid chromatography-electrospray ionization mass spectrometry.
- Authors: Faserl K, Sarg B, Kremser L, Lindner H
- Issue date: 2011 Oct 1
- Forced degradation and impurity profiling: recent trends in analytical perspectives.
- Authors: Jain D, Basniwal PK
- Issue date: 2013 Dec
- On-column sample enrichment for capillary electrophoresis sheathless electrospray ionization mass spectrometry: evaluation for peptide analysis and protein identification.
- Authors: Janini GM, Zhou M, Yu LR, Blonder J, Gignac M, Conrads TP, Issaq HJ, Veenstra TD
- Issue date: 2003 Nov 1
- Capillary electrophoresis-mass spectrometry in impurity profiling of pharmaceutical products.
- Authors: Visky D, Jimidar I, Van Ael W, Vennekens T, Redlich D, De Smet M
- Issue date: 2005 Apr
- Fast LC-MS/MS analysis of free oxysterols derived from reactive oxygen species in human plasma and carotid plaque.
- Authors: Helmschrodt C, Becker S, Schröter J, Hecht M, Aust G, Thiery J, Ceglarek U
- Issue date: 2013 Oct 21