Assessment and reporting of the clinical immunogenicity of therapeutic proteins and peptides-harmonized terminology and tactical recommendations.
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
Schneider, C K
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractImmunogenicity is a significant concern for biologic drugs as it can affect both safety and efficacy. To date, the descriptions of product immunogenicity have varied not only due to different degrees of understanding of product immunogenicity at the time of licensing but also due to an evolving lexicon that has generated some confusion in the field. In recent years, there has been growing consensus regarding the data needed to assess product immunogenicity. Harmonization of the strategy for the elucidation of product immunogenicity by drug developers, as well as the use of defined common terminology, can benefit medical practitioners, health regulatory agencies, and ultimately the patients. Clearly, understanding the incidence, kinetics and magnitude of anti-drug antibody (ADA), its neutralizing ability, cross-reactivity with endogenous molecules or other marketed biologic drugs, and related clinical impact may enhance clinical management of patients treated with biologic drugs. To that end, the authors present terms and definitions for describing and analyzing clinical immunogenicity data and suggest approaches to data presentation, emphasizing associations of ADA development with pharmacokinetics, efficacy, and safety that are necessary to assess the clinical relevance of immunogenicity.
CitationAssessment and reporting of the clinical immunogenicity of therapeutic proteins and peptides-harmonized terminology and tactical recommendations. 2014, 16 (4):658-73 AAPS J
AffiliationJanssen Research & Development, LLC (Johnson & Johnson), 1400 McKean Road, P.O. Box 776, Spring House, Pennsylvania, 19477, USA, Gshanka3@its.jnj.com.
JournalThe AAPS journal
The following license files are associated with this item:
- Immunogenicity to therapeutic proteins: impact on PK/PD and efficacy.
- Authors: Chirmule N, Jawa V, Meibohm B
- Issue date: 2012 Jun
- Immunogenicity assessment of therapeutic proteins and peptides.
- Authors: Kaliyaperumal A, Jing S
- Issue date: 2009 Jun
- Recommendations for the characterization of immunogenicity response to multiple domain biotherapeutics.
- Authors: Gorovits B, Wakshull E, Pillutla R, Xu Y, Manning MS, Goyal J
- Issue date: 2014 Jun
- Development and optimization of neutralizing antibody assays to monitor clinical immunogenicity.
- Authors: Civoli F, Kroenke MA, Reynhardt K, Zhuang Y, Kaliyaperumal A, Gupta S
- Issue date: 2012 Nov
- Standardizing terms, definitions and concepts for describing and interpreting unwanted immunogenicity of biopharmaceuticals: recommendations of the Innovative Medicines Initiative ABIRISK consortium.
- Authors: Rup B, Pallardy M, Sikkema D, Albert T, Allez M, Broet P, Carini C, Creeke P, Davidson J, De Vries N, Finco D, Fogdell-Hahn A, Havrdova E, Hincelin-Mery A, C Holland M, H Jensen PE, Jury EC, Kirby H, Kramer D, Lacroix-Desmazes S, Legrand J, Maggi E, Maillère B, Mariette X, Mauri C, Mikol V, Mulleman D, Oldenburg J, Paintaud G, R Pedersen C, Ruperto N, Seitz R, Spindeldreher S, Deisenhammer F, ABIRISK Consortium.
- Issue date: 2015 Sep