Complete genome sequence of the Phaeobacter gallaeciensis type strain CIP 105210(T) (= DSM 26640(T) = BS107(T)).
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractPhaeobacter gallaeciensis CIP 105210(T) (= DSM 26640(T) = BS107(T)) is the type strain of the species Phaeobacter gallaeciensis. The genus Phaeobacter belongs to the marine Roseobacter group (Rhodobacteraceae, Alphaproteobacteria). Phaeobacter species are effective colonizers of marine surfaces, including frequent associations with eukaryotes. Strain BS107(T) was isolated from a rearing of the scallop Pecten maximus. Here we describe the features of this organism, together with the complete genome sequence, comprising eight circular replicons with a total of 4,448 genes. In addition to a high number of extrachromosomal replicons, the genome contains six genomic island and three putative prophage regions, as well as a hybrid between a plasmid and a circular phage. Phylogenomic analyses confirm previous results, which indicated that the originally reported P. gallaeciensis type-strain deposit DSM 17395 belongs to P. inhibens and that CIP 105210(T) (= DSM 26640(T)) is the sole genome-sequenced representative of P. gallaeciensis.
CitationComplete genome sequence of the Phaeobacter gallaeciensis type strain CIP 105210(T) (= DSM 26640(T) = BS107(T)). 2014, 9 (3):914-32 Stand Genomic Sci
AffiliationLeibniz Institute DSMZ - German Collection of Microorganisms and Cell Cultures, Braunschweig, Germany.
JournalStandards in genomic sciences
The following license files are associated with this item:
- Reclassification of Roseobacter gallaeciensis Ruiz-Ponte et al. 1998 as Phaeobacter gallaeciensis gen. nov., comb. nov., description of Phaeobacter inhibens sp. nov., reclassification of Ruegeria algicola (Lafay et al. 1995) Uchino et al. 1999 as Marinovum algicola gen. nov., comb. nov., and emended descriptions of the genera Roseobacter, Ruegeria and Leisingera.
- Authors: Martens T, Heidorn T, Pukall R, Simon M, Tindall BJ, Brinkhoff T
- Issue date: 2006 Jun
- Molecular and phenotypic analyses reveal the non-identity of the Phaeobacter gallaeciensis type strain deposits CIP 105210T and DSM 17395.
- Authors: Buddruhs N, Pradella S, Göker M, Päuker O, Pukall R, Spröer C, Schumann P, Petersen J, Brinkhoff T
- Issue date: 2013 Nov
- Genome sequence of Phaeobacter inhibens type strain (T5(T)), a secondary metabolite producing representative of the marine Roseobacter clade, and emendation of the species description of Phaeobacter inhibens.
- Authors: Dogs M, Voget S, Teshima H, Petersen J, Davenport K, Dalingault H, Chen A, Pati A, Ivanova N, Goodwin LA, Chain P, Detter JC, Standfest S, Rohde M, Gronow S, Kyrpides NC, Woyke T, Simon M, Klenk HP, Göker M, Brinkhoff T
- Issue date: 2013 Dec 20
- Genome sequence of the phage-gene rich marine Phaeobacter arcticus type strain DSM 23566(T.).
- Authors: Freese HM, Dalingault H, Petersen J, Pradella S, Davenport K, Teshima H, Chen A, Pati A, Ivanova N, Goodwin LA, Chain P, Detter JC, Rohde M, Gronow S, Kyrpides NC, Woyke T, Brinkhoff T, Göker M, Overmann J, Klenk HP
- Issue date: 2013 Jul 30
- Phaeobacter marinintestinus sp. nov., isolated from the intestine of a sea cucumber (Apostichopus japonicus).
- Authors: Lee MH, Song EJ, Seo MJ, Hyun DW, Bae JW, Lee SY, Roh SW, Nam YD
- Issue date: 2015 Jan