Complete genome sequence of Planctomyces limnophilus type strain (Mü 290).
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
Glavina Del Rio, Tijana
Jeffries, Cynthia D
Tindall, Brian J
Eisen, Jonathan A
Kyrpides, Nikos C
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractPlanctomyces limnophilus Hirsch and Müller 1986 belongs to the order Planctomycetales, which differs from other bacterial taxa by several distinctive features such as internal cell compartmentalization, multiplication by forming buds directly from the spherical, ovoid or pear-shaped mother cell and a cell wall which is stabilized by a proteinaceous layer rather than a peptidoglycan layer. Besides Pirellula staleyi, this is the second completed genome sequence of the family Planctomycetaceae. P. limnophilus is of interest because it differs from Pirellula by the presence of a stalk and its structure of fibril bundles, its cell shape and size, the formation of multicellular rosettes, low salt tolerance and red pigmented colonies. The 5,460,085 bp long genome with its 4,304 protein-coding and 66 RNA genes is a part of the Genomic Encyclopedia of Bacteria and Archaea project.
CitationComplete genome sequence of Planctomyces limnophilus type strain (Mü 290). 2010, 3 (1):47-56 Stand Genomic Sci
JournalStandards in genomic sciences
The following license files are associated with this item:
- Complete genome sequence of Planctomyces brasiliensis type strain (DSM 5305(T)), phylogenomic analysis and reclassification of Planctomycetes including the descriptions of Gimesia gen. nov., Planctopirus gen. nov. and Rubinisphaera gen. nov. and emended descriptions of the order Planctomycetales and the family Planctomycetaceae.
- Authors: Scheuner C, Tindall BJ, Lu M, Nolan M, Lapidus A, Cheng JF, Goodwin L, Pitluck S, Huntemann M, Liolios K, Pagani I, Mavromatis K, Ivanova N, Pati A, Chen A, Palaniappan K, Jeffries CD, Hauser L, Land M, Mwirichia R, Rohde M, Abt B, Detter JC, Woyke T, Eisen JA, Markowitz V, Hugenholtz P, Göker M, Kyrpides NC, Klenk HP
- Issue date: 2014
- Complete genome sequence of Pirellula staleyi type strain (ATCC 27377).
- Authors: Clum A, Tindall BJ, Sikorski J, Ivanova N, Mavrommatis K, Lucas S, Glavina T, Del Rio, Nolan M, Chen F, Tice H, Pitluck S, Cheng JF, Chertkov O, Brettin T, Han C, Detter JC, Kuske C, Bruce D, Goodwin L, Ovchinikova G, Pati A, Mikhailova N, Chen A, Palaniappan K, Land M, Hauser L, Chang YJ, Jeffries CD, Chain P, Rohde M, Göker M, Bristow J, Eisen JA, Markowitz V, Hugenholtz P, Kyrpides NC, Klenk HP, Lapidus A
- Issue date: 2009 Dec 30
- Comparative analysis of ribonuclease P RNA of the planctomycetes.
- Authors: Butler MK, Fuerst JA
- Issue date: 2004 Jul
- Molecular and ultrastructural confirmation of classification of ATCC 35122 as a strain of Pirellula staleyi.
- Authors: Butler MK, Wang J, Webb RI, Fuerst JA
- Issue date: 2002 Sep