1-Phenylsulfinyl-3-(pyridin-3-yl)naphthalen-2-ols: a new class of potent and selective aldosterone synthase inhibitors.
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
AffiliationHelmholtz Institute for Pharmaceutical Research Saarland (HIPS), Saarland University, Campus C23, D-66123 Saarbrücken, Germany.
MetadataShow full item record
Abstract1-Phenylsulfinyl-3-(pyridin-3-yl)naphthalen-2-ols and related compounds were synthesized and evaluated for inhibition of aldosterone synthase (CYP11B2), a potential target for cardiovascular diseases associated with elevated plasma aldosterone levels like congestive heart failure and myocardial fibrosis. Introduction of substituents at the phenylsulfinyl moiety and changes of the substitution pattern at the naphthalene core were examined. Potent compounds were further examined for selectivity versus other important steroidogenic CYP enzymes, i.e. the highly homologous 11β-hydroxylase (CYP11B1), CYP17 and CYP19. The most potent compound (IC50 = 14 nM) discovered was the meta-trifluoromethoxy derivative 11, which also exhibited excellent selectivity toward CYP11B1 (SF = 415), and showed no inhibition of CYP17 and CYP19.
Citation1-Phenylsulfinyl-3-(pyridin-3-yl)naphthalen-2-ols: a new class of potent and selective aldosterone synthase inhibitors. 2015, 89:597-605 Eur J Med Chem
The following license files are associated with this item:
- Heteroatom insertion into 3,4-dihydro-1H-quinolin-2-ones leads to potent and selective inhibitors of human and rat aldosterone synthase.
- Authors: Grombein CM, Hu Q, Rau S, Zimmer C, Hartmann RW
- Issue date: 2015 Jan 27
- N-(Pyridin-3-yl)benzamides as selective inhibitors of human aldosterone synthase (CYP11B2).
- Authors: Zimmer C, Hafner M, Zender M, Ammann D, Hartmann RW, Vock CA
- Issue date: 2011 Jan 1
- Discovery of new 7-substituted-4-imidazolylmethyl coumarins and 4'-substituted-2-imidazolyl acetophenones open analogues as potent and selective inhibitors of steroid-11β-hydroxylase.
- Authors: Stefanachi A, Hanke N, Pisani L, Leonetti F, Nicolotti O, Catto M, Cellamare S, Hartmann RW, Carotti A
- Issue date: 2015 Jan 7
- Synthesis and evaluation of imidazolylmethylenetetrahydronaphthalenes and imidazolylmethyleneindanes: potent inhibitors of aldosterone synthase.
- Authors: Ulmschneider S, Müller-Vieira U, Mitrenga M, Hartmann RW, Oberwinkler-Marchais S, Klein CD, Bureik M, Bernhardt R, Antes I, Lengauer T
- Issue date: 2005 Mar 24
- Novel pyridyl- or isoquinolinyl-substituted indolines and indoles as potent and selective aldosterone synthase inhibitors.
- Authors: Yin L, Hu Q, Emmerich J, Lo MM, Metzger E, Ali A, Hartmann RW
- Issue date: 2014 Jun 26