Kroppenstedtia eburnea gen. nov., sp. nov., a thermoactinomycete isolated by environmental screening, and emended description of the family Thermoactinomycetaceae Matsuo et al. 2006 emend. Yassin et al. 2009.
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
Authorsvon Jan, Mathias
Labeda, David P
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractA Gram-positive, spore-forming, aerobic, filamentous bacterium, strain JFMB-ATE(T), was isolated in 2008 during environmental screening of a plastic surface in grade C in a contract manufacturing organization in southern Germany. The isolate grew at temperatures of 25-50 °C and at pH 5.0-8.5, forming ivory-coloured colonies with sparse white aerial mycelia. Chemotaxonomic and molecular characteristics of the isolate matched those described for members of the family Thermoactinomycetaceae, except that the cell-wall peptidoglycan contained LL-diaminopimelic acid, while all previously described members of this family display this diagnostic diamino acid in meso-conformation. The DNA G+C content of the novel strain was 54.6 mol%, the main polar lipids were diphosphatidylglycerol, phosphatidylethanolamine and phosphatidylglycerol, and the major menaquinone was MK-7. The major fatty acids had saturated C₁₄-C₁₆ branched chains. No diagnostic sugars were detected. Based on the chemotaxonomic results and 16S rRNA gene sequence analysis, the isolate is proposed to represent a novel genus and species, Kroppenstedtia eburnea gen. nov. sp. nov. The type strain is JFMB-ATE(T) ( = DSM 45196(T) = NRRL B-24804(T) = CCUG 59226(T)).
CitationKroppenstedtia eburnea gen. nov., sp. nov., a thermoactinomycete isolated by environmental screening, and emended description of the family Thermoactinomycetaceae Matsuo et al. 2006 emend. Yassin et al. 2009. 2011, 61 (Pt 9):2304-10 Int. J. Syst. Evol. Microbiol.
The following license files are associated with this item:
- Melghirimyces algeriensis gen. nov., sp. nov., a member of the family Thermoactinomycetaceae, isolated from a salt lake.
- Authors: Addou AN, Schumann P, Spröer C, Hacene H, Cayol JL, Fardeau ML
- Issue date: 2012 Jul
- Lihuaxuella thermophila gen. nov., sp. nov., isolated from a geothermal soil sample in Tengchong, Yunnan, south-west China.
- Authors: Yu TT, Zhang BH, Yao JC, Tang SK, Zhou EM, Yin YR, Wei DQ, Ming H, Li WJ
- Issue date: 2012 Nov
- Cohnella thailandensis sp. nov., a xylanolytic bacterium from Thai soil.
- Authors: Khianngam S, Tanasupawat S, Akaracharanya A, Kim KK, Lee KC, Lee JS
- Issue date: 2010 Oct
- Cohnella boryungensis sp. nov., isolated from soil.
- Authors: Yoon JH, Jung YT
- Issue date: 2012 May
- Kroppenstedtia guangzhouensis sp. nov., a thermoactinomycete isolated from soil.
- Authors: Yang G, Qin D, Wu C, Yuan Y, Zhou S, Cai Y
- Issue date: 2013 Nov