Investigation of cytochromes P450 in myxobacteria: excavation of cytochromes P450 from the genome of Sorangium cellulosum So ce56.
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe exploitation of cytochromes P450 for novel biotechnological application and for the investigation of their physiological function is of great scientific interest in this post genomic era, where an extraordinary biodiversity of P450 genes has been derived from all forms of life. The study of P450s in the myxobacterium Sorangium cellulosum strain So ce56, the producer of novel secondary metabolites of pharmaceutical interest is the research topic, in which we were engaged since the beginning of its genome sequencing project. We herein disclosed the cytochrome P450 complements (CYPomes) of spore-forming myxobacterial species, Stigmatella aurantiaca DW4/3-1, Haliangium ochraceum DSM 14365 and Myxococcus xanthus DK1622, and their potential pharmaceutical significance has been discussed.
CitationInvestigation of cytochromes P450 in myxobacteria: excavation of cytochromes P450 from the genome of Sorangium cellulosum So ce56. 2011, 585 (11):1506-13 FEBS Lett.
The following license files are associated with this item:
- Genome mining in Sorangium cellulosum So ce56: identification and characterization of the homologous electron transfer proteins of a myxobacterial cytochrome P450.
- Authors: Ewen KM, Hannemann F, Khatri Y, Perlova O, Kappl R, Krug D, Hüttermann J, Müller R, Bernhardt R
- Issue date: 2009 Oct 16
- Comparative genomic analysis of fruiting body formation in Myxococcales.
- Authors: Huntley S, Hamann N, Wegener-Feldbrügge S, Treuner-Lange A, Kube M, Reinhardt R, Klages S, Müller R, Ronning CM, Nierman WC, Søgaard-Andersen L
- Issue date: 2011 Feb
- The CYPome of Sorangium cellulosum So ce56 and identification of CYP109D1 as a new fatty acid hydroxylase.
- Authors: Khatri Y, Hannemann F, Ewen KM, Pistorius D, Perlova O, Kagawa N, Brachmann AO, Müller R, Bernhardt R
- Issue date: 2010 Dec 22
- Characterisation, genome size and genetic manipulation of the myxobacterium Sorangium cellulosum So ce56.
- Authors: Pradella S, Hans A, Spröer C, Reichenbach H, Gerth K, Beyer S
- Issue date: 2002 Dec
- Myxobacteria: proficient producers of novel natural products with various biological activities--past and future biotechnological aspects with the focus on the genus Sorangium.
- Authors: Gerth K, Pradella S, Perlova O, Beyer S, Müller R
- Issue date: 2003 Dec 19