Cytotoxic and antivascular 1-methyl-4-(3-fluoro-4-methoxyphenyl)-5-(halophenyl)-imidazoles.
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractA series of 1-methyl-4,5-diphenylimidazoles 6 with various patterns of m-halogen substitution at the 5-phenyl ring were tested for cytotoxicity in cancer and nonmalignant cell lines and for their capacity to prevent tube formation in HUVEC cultures. Unlike the monofluoro and difluoro derivatives 6a and 6e, the monobromo and diiodo analogs 6c and 6h were strongly cytotoxic and inhibited the polymerization of tubulin and the tube formation by HUVEC. The dibromo derivative 6g displayed a unique selectivity for KB-3-1 cervix and PC-3 prostate cancer cells. It also inhibited the tube formation by HUVEC and the polymerization of tubulin which is indicative of its potential antiangiogenic activity in solid tumors.
CitationCytotoxic and antivascular 1-methyl-4-(3-fluoro-4-methoxyphenyl)-5-(halophenyl)-imidazoles. 2011, 21 (21):6270-3 Bioorg. Med. Chem. Lett.
The following license files are associated with this item:
- Cytotoxic 2',5'-dihydroxychalcones with unexpected antiangiogenic activity.
- Authors: Nam NH, Kim Y, You YJ, Hong DH, Kim HM, Ahn BZ
- Issue date: 2003 Feb
- Combretastatin A-4 derived imidazoles show cytotoxic, antivascular, and antimetastatic effects based on cytoskeletal reorganisation.
- Authors: Mahal K, Biersack B, Caysa H, Schobert R, Mueller T
- Issue date: 2015 Jun
- 4-(3-Halo/amino-4,5-dimethoxyphenyl)-5-aryloxazoles and -N-methylimidazoles that are cytotoxic against combretastatin A resistant tumor cells and vascular disrupting in a cisplatin resistant germ cell tumor model.
- Authors: Schobert R, Biersack B, Dietrich A, Effenberger K, Knauer S, Mueller T
- Issue date: 2010 Sep 23
- Antivascular and antitumor evaluation of 2-amino-4-(3-bromo-4,5-dimethoxy-phenyl)-3-cyano-4H-chromenes, a novel series of anticancer agents.
- Authors: Gourdeau H, Leblond L, Hamelin B, Desputeau C, Dong K, Kianicka I, Custeau D, Boudreau C, Geerts L, Cai SX, Drewe J, Labrecque D, Kasibhatla S, Tseng B
- Issue date: 2004 Nov
- CEP-7055: a novel, orally active pan inhibitor of vascular endothelial growth factor receptor tyrosine kinases with potent antiangiogenic activity and antitumor efficacy in preclinical models.
- Authors: Ruggeri B, Singh J, Gingrich D, Angeles T, Albom M, Yang S, Chang H, Robinson C, Hunter K, Dobrzanski P, Jones-Bolin S, Pritchard S, Aimone L, Klein-Szanto A, Herbert JM, Bono F, Schaeffer P, Casellas P, Bourie B, Pili R, Isaacs J, Ator M, Hudkins R, Vaught J, Mallamo J, Dionne C
- Issue date: 2003 Sep 15