Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractTransgenic expression of B- and T-cell receptors (BCRs and TCRs, respectively) has been a standard tool to study lymphocyte development and function in vivo. The generation of transgenic mice is time-consuming and, therefore, a faster method to study the biology of defined lymphocyte receptors in vivo would be highly welcome. Using 2A peptide-linked multicistronic retroviral vectors to transduce stem cells, TCRs can be expressed rapidly in mice of any background. We aimed at adopting this retrogenic technology to the in vivo expression of BCRs. Using a well characterised BCR specific for hen egg lysozyme (HEL), we achieved surface expression of the retrogenically encoded BCR in a Rag-deficient pro B-cell line in vitro. In vivo, retrogenic BCRs were detectable only intracellularly but not on the surface of B cells from wild type or Rag2-deficient mice. This data, together with the fact that no BCR retrogenic mouse model has been published in the 7 years since the method was originally published for TCRs, strongly suggests that achieving BCR-expression in vivo with retrogenic technology is highly challenging if not impossible.
CitationTowards the generation of B-cell receptor retrogenic mice. 2014, 9 (10):e109199 PLoS ONE
AffiliationInstitute for Infection Immunology, Centre for Experimental and Clinical Infection Research, a joint venture between the Medical, School Hannover (MHH) and the Helmholtz Centre for Infection Research (HZI), Hannover, Germany.
The following license files are associated with this item:
- Rapid analysis of T-cell selection in vivo using T cell-receptor retrogenic mice.
- Authors: Holst J, Vignali KM, Burton AR, Vignali DA
- Issue date: 2006 Mar
- Role of Syk in B-cell development and antigen-receptor signaling.
- Authors: Cornall RJ, Cheng AM, Pawson T, Goodnow CC
- Issue date: 2000 Feb 15
- Diabetes incidence is unaltered in glutamate decarboxylase 65-specific TCR retrogenic nonobese diabetic mice: generation by retroviral-mediated stem cell gene transfer.
- Authors: Arnold PY, Burton AR, Vignali DA
- Issue date: 2004 Sep 1
- Retroviral Transduction of Bone Marrow Progenitor Cells to Generate T-cell Receptor Retrogenic Mice.
- Authors: Lee T, Shevchenko I, Sprouse ML, Bettini M, Bettini ML
- Issue date: 2016 Jul 11
- Epstein-Barr virus LMP2A alters in vivo and in vitro models of B-cell anergy, but not deletion, in response to autoantigen.
- Authors: Swanson-Mungerson MA, Caldwell RG, Bultema R, Longnecker R
- Issue date: 2005 Jun