Identification of 4-(4-nitro-2-phenethoxyphenyl)pyridine as a promising new lead for discovering inhibitors of both human and rat 11β-Hydroxylase.
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe inhibition of 11β-hydroxylase is a promising strategy for the treatment of Cushing's syndrome, in particular for the recurrent and subclinical cases. To achieve proof of concept in rats, efforts were paid to identify novel lead compounds inhibiting both human and rat CYP11B1. Modifications on a potent promiscuous inhibitor of hCYP11B1, hCYP11B2 and hCYP19 (compound IV) that exhibited moderate rCYP11B1 inhibition led to compound 8 as a new promising lead compound. Significant improvements compared to starting point IV were achieved regarding inhibitory potency against both human and rat CYP11B1 (IC50 values of 2 and 163 nM, respectively) as well as selectivity over hCYP19 (IC50 = 1900 nM). Accordingly, compound 8 was around 7- and 28-fold more potent than metyrapone regarding the inhibition of human and rat CYP11B1 and exhibited a comparable selectivity over hCYP11B2 (SF of 3.5 vs 4.9). With further optimizations on this new lead compound 8, drug candidates with satisfying profiles are expected to be discovered.
CitationIdentification of 4-(4-nitro-2-phenethoxyphenyl)pyridine as a promising new lead for discovering inhibitors of both human and rat 11β-Hydroxylase. 2015, 96:139-50 Eur J Med Chem
AffiliationPharmaceutical and Medicinal Chemistry, Saarland University, Campus C2.3, D-66123 Saarbrücken, Germany.
The following license files are associated with this item:
- Discovery of new 7-substituted-4-imidazolylmethyl coumarins and 4'-substituted-2-imidazolyl acetophenones open analogues as potent and selective inhibitors of steroid-11β-hydroxylase.
- Authors: Stefanachi A, Hanke N, Pisani L, Leonetti F, Nicolotti O, Catto M, Cellamare S, Hartmann RW, Carotti A
- Issue date: 2015 Jan 7
- Accelerated skin wound healing by selective 11β-Hydroxylase (CYP11B1) inhibitors.
- Authors: Emmerich J, van Koppen CJ, Burkhart JL, Engeli RT, Hu Q, Odermatt A, Hartmann RW
- Issue date: 2018 Jan 1
- Cushing's syndrome: development of highly potent and selective CYP11B1 inhibitors of the (pyridylmethyl)pyridine type.
- Authors: Emmerich J, Hu Q, Hanke N, Hartmann RW
- Issue date: 2013 Aug 8
- Lead Optimization Generates CYP11B1 Inhibitors of Pyridylmethyl Isoxazole Type with Improved Pharmacological Profile for the Treatment of Cushing's Disease.
- Authors: Emmerich J, van Koppen CJ, Burkhart JL, Hu Q, Siebenbürger L, Boerger C, Scheuer C, Laschke MW, Menger MD, Hartmann RW
- Issue date: 2017 Jun 22
- Novel imidazol-1-ylmethyl substituted 1,2,5,6-tetrahydropyrrolo[3,2,1-ij]quinolin-4-ones as potent and selective CYP11B1 inhibitors for the treatment of Cushing's syndrome.
- Authors: Yin L, Lucas S, Maurer F, Kazmaier U, Hu Q, Hartmann RW
- Issue date: 2012 Jul 26