Towards a framework for evaluating and grading evidence in public health.
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
Abu Sin, Muna
de Carvalho Gomes, Helena
Meerpohl, Joerg J
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe Project on a Framework for Rating Evidence in Public Health (PRECEPT) is an international collaboration of public health institutes and universities which has been funded by the European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control (ECDC) since 2012. Main objective is to define a framework for evaluating and grading evidence in the field of public health, with particular focus on infectious disease prevention and control. As part of the peer review process, an international expert meeting was held on 13-14 June 2013 in Berlin. Participants were members of the PRECEPT team and selected experts from national public health institutes, World Health Organization (WHO), and academic institutions. The aim of the meeting was to discuss the draft framework and its application to two examples from infectious disease prevention and control. This article introduces the draft PRECEPT framework and reports on the meeting, its structure, most relevant discussions and major conclusions.
CitationTowards a framework for evaluating and grading evidence in public health. 2015, 119 (6):732-6 Health Policy
AffiliationHelmholtz Centre for Infection Research, Inhoffenstraße 7, 38124 Braunschweig, Germany.
The following license files are associated with this item:
- Evidence-based decision-making in infectious diseases epidemiology, prevention and control: matching research questions to study designs and quality appraisal tools.
- Authors: Harder T, Takla A, Rehfuess E, Sánchez-Vivar A, Matysiak-Klose D, Eckmanns T, Krause G, de Carvalho Gomes H, Jansen A, Ellis S, Forland F, James R, Meerpohl JJ, Morgan A, Schünemann H, Zuiderent-Jerak T, Wichmann O
- Issue date: 2014 May 21
- PRECEPT: an evidence assessment framework for infectious disease epidemiology, prevention and control.
- Authors: Harder T, Takla A, Eckmanns T, Ellis S, Forland F, James R, Meerpohl JJ, Morgan A, Rehfuess E, Schünemann H, Zuiderent-Jerak T, de Carvalho Gomes H, Wichmann O
- Issue date: 2017 Oct
- EpiSouth: a network for communicable disease control in the Mediterranean region and the Balkans.
- Authors: Dente MG, Fabiani M, Gnesotto R, Putoto G, Montagna C, Simon-Soria F, Martin de Pando C, Barboza P, Ait-Belghiti F, Kojouharova M, Vladimirova N, Vorou R, Mellou K, Thinus G, Declich S, EpiSouth Network.
- Issue date: 2009 Feb 5
- Emerging infectious diseases not covered by routine vaccination in Europe in 2010-2015--the review of WHO and ECDC notifications for the National IHR Focal Point in Poland.
- Authors: Henszel Ł, Janiec J, Izdebski R, Radziszewski F, Polański P
- Issue date: 2015
- Epidemiology, surveillance and control of infectious diseases in the European overseas countries and territories, 2011.
- Authors: Jones J, Gastellu-Etchegorry M, Stenz FK, Baudon C, Bloem SJ, Bondonneau M, Cohuet S, Diggle R, Ewing RW, Gerstenbluth I, Grangeon JP, Kumar Alla K, Lajoinie G, Tromp M, Tumahai T, Yvon JF, Swaan CM, Gossner CM
- Issue date: 2011 Jul 21