Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
Aiello, Allison E
Akbar, Arne N
Bosch, Jos A
Maier, Andrea B
McElhaney, Janet E
Rector, Jerrald L
van Lier, Rene
Wang, George C
Wills, Mark R
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractAlone among herpesviruses, persistent Cytomegalovirus (CMV) markedly alters the numbers and proportions of peripheral immune cells in infected-vs-uninfected people. Because the rate of CMV infection increases with age in most countries, it has been suggested that it drives or at least exacerbates "immunosenescence". This contention remains controversial and was the primary subject of the Third International Workshop on CMV & Immunosenescence which was held in Cordoba, Spain, 15-16th March, 2012. Discussions focused on several main themes including the effects of CMV on adaptive immunity and immunosenescence, characterization of CMV-specific T cells, impact of CMV infection and ageing on innate immunity, and finally, most important, the clinical implications of immunosenescence and CMV infection. Here we summarize the major findings of this workshop.
CitationCMV and Immunosenescence: from basics to clinics. 2012, 9 (1):23 Immun Ageing
AffiliationHelmholtz Centre for infection research, Inhoffenstr. 7, D-38124 Braunschweig, Germany.
JournalImmunity & ageing : I & A
The following license files are associated with this item:
- New advances in CMV and immunosenescence.
- Authors: Sansoni P, Vescovini R, Fagnoni FF, Akbar A, Arens R, Chiu YL, Cičin-Šain L, Dechanet-Merville J, Derhovanessian E, Ferrando-Martinez S, Franceschi C, Frasca D, Fulöp T, Furman D, Gkrania-Klotsas E, Goodrum F, Grubeck-Loebenstein B, Hurme M, Kern F, Lilleri D, López-Botet M, Maier AB, Marandu T, Marchant A, Matheï C, Moss P, Muntasell A, Remmerswaal EB, Riddell NE, Rothe K, Sauce D, Shin EC, Simanek AM, Smithey MJ, Söderberg-Nauclér C, Solana R, Thomas PG, van Lier R, Pawelec G, Nikolich-Zugich J
- Issue date: 2014 Jul
- Elevated HbA(1c) levels and the accumulation of differentiated T cells in CMV(+) individuals.
- Authors: Rector JL, Thomas GN, Burns VE, Dowd JB, Herr RM, Moss PA, Jarczok MN, Hoffman K, Fischer JE, Bosch JA
- Issue date: 2015 Nov
- Rudimentary signs of immunosenescence in Cytomegalovirus-seropositive healthy young adults.
- Authors: Turner JE, Campbell JP, Edwards KM, Howarth LJ, Pawelec G, Aldred S, Moss P, Drayson MT, Burns VE, Bosch JA
- Issue date: 2014 Feb
- Cytomegalovirus and human immunosenescence.
- Authors: Pawelec G, Derhovanessian E, Larbi A, Strindhall J, Wikby A
- Issue date: 2009 Jan
- Cytomegalovirus persistence and T-cell immunosenescence in people aged fifty and older: A systematic review.
- Authors: Weltevrede M, Eilers R, de Melker HE, van Baarle D
- Issue date: 2016 May