Towards an advanced therapy medicinal product based on mesenchymal stromal cells isolated from the umbilical cord tissue: quality and safety data.
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
AuthorsMartins, José Paulo
Santos, Jorge Miguel
de Almeida, Joana Marto
Filipe, Mariana Alves
de Almeida, Mariana Vargas Teixeira
Almeida, Sílvia Cristina Paiva
Cruz, Pedro Estilita
Cruz, Helder Joaquim
Bárcia, Rita Nogueira
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractStandardization of mesenchymal stromal cells (MSCs) manufacturing is urgently needed to enable translational activities and ultimately facilitate comparison of clinical trial results. In this work we describe the adaptation of a proprietary method for isolation of a specific umbilical cord tissue-derived population of MSCs, herein designated by its registered trademark as UCX®, towards the production of an advanced therapy medicinal product (ATMP).
CitationTowards an advanced therapy medicinal product based on mesenchymal stromal cells isolated from the umbilical cord tissue: quality and safety data. 2014, 5 (1):9 Stem Cell Res Ther
JournalStem cell research & therapy
The following license files are associated with this item:
- The role of human umbilical cord tissue-derived mesenchymal stromal cells (UCX®) in the treatment of inflammatory arthritis.
- Authors: Santos JM, Bárcia RN, Simões SI, Gaspar MM, Calado S, Agua-Doce A, Almeida SC, Almeida J, Filipe M, Teixeira M, Martins JP, Graça L, Cruz ME, Cruz P, Cruz H
- Issue date: 2013 Jan 17
- Umbilical cord tissue-derived mesenchymal stromal cells maintain immunomodulatory and angiogenic potencies after cryopreservation and subsequent thawing.
- Authors: Bárcia RN, Santos JM, Teixeira M, Filipe M, Pereira ARS, Ministro A, Água-Doce A, Carvalheiro M, Gaspar MM, Miranda JP, Graça L, Simões S, Santos SCR, Cruz P, Cruz H
- Issue date: 2017 Mar
- Three-dimensional spheroid cell culture of umbilical cord tissue-derived mesenchymal stromal cells leads to enhanced paracrine induction of wound healing.
- Authors: Santos JM, Camões SP, Filipe E, Cipriano M, Barcia RN, Filipe M, Teixeira M, Simões S, Gaspar M, Mosqueira D, Nascimento DS, Pinto-do-Ó P, Cruz P, Cruz H, Castro M, Miranda JP
- Issue date: 2015 May 9
- The Human Umbilical Cord Tissue-Derived MSC Population UCX(®) Promotes Early Motogenic Effects on Keratinocytes and Fibroblasts and G-CSF-Mediated Mobilization of BM-MSCs When Transplanted In Vivo.
- Authors: Miranda JP, Filipe E, Fernandes AS, Almeida JM, Martins JP, De la Fuente A, Abal M, Barcia RN, Cruz P, Cruz H, Castro M, Santos JM
- Issue date: 2015
- Human umbilical cord tissue-derived mesenchymal stromal cells attenuate remodeling after myocardial infarction by proangiogenic, antiapoptotic, and endogenous cell-activation mechanisms.
- Authors: Santos Nascimento D, Mosqueira D, Sousa LM, Teixeira M, Filipe M, Resende TP, Araújo AF, Valente M, Almeida J, Martins JP, Santos JM, Bárcia RN, Cruz P, Cruz H, Pinto-do-Ó P
- Issue date: 2014 Jan 10