Genome sequence of the pink-pigmented marine bacterium Loktanella hongkongensis type strain (UST950701-009P(T)), a representative of the Roseobacter group.
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
AuthorsLau, Stanley Ck
Ivanova, Natalia N
Kyrpides, Nikos C
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractLoktanella hongkongensis UST950701-009P(T) is a Gram-negative, non-motile and rod-shaped bacterium isolated from a marine biofilm in the subtropical seawater of Hong Kong. When growing as a monospecies biofilm on polystyrene surfaces, this bacterium is able to induce larval settlement and metamorphosis of a ubiquitous polychaete tubeworm Hydroides elegans. The inductive cues are low-molecular weight compounds bound to the exopolymeric matrix of the bacterial cells. In the present study we describe the features of L. hongkongensis strain DSM 17492(T) together with its genome sequence and annotation and novel aspects of its phenotype. The 3,198,444 bp long genome sequence encodes 3104 protein-coding genes and 57 RNA genes. The two unambiguously identified extrachromosomal replicons contain replication modules of the RepB and the Rhodobacteraceae-specific DnaA-like type, respectively.
CitationGenome sequence of the pink-pigmented marine bacterium Loktanella hongkongensis type strain (UST950701-009P(T)), a representative of the Roseobacter group. 2015, 10:51 Stand Genomic Sci
JournalStandards in genomic sciences
The following license files are associated with this item:
- Loktanella hongkongensis sp. nov., a novel member of the alpha-Proteobacteria originating from marine biofilms in Hong Kong waters.
- Authors: Lau SC, Tsoi MM, Li X, Plakhotnikova I, Wu M, Wong PK, Qian PY
- Issue date: 2004 Nov
- Loktanella cinnabarina sp. nov., isolated from a deep subseafloor sediment, and emended description of the genus Loktanella.
- Authors: Tsubouchi T, Shimane Y, Mori K, Miyazaki M, Tame A, Uematsu K, Maruyama T, Hatada Y
- Issue date: 2013 Apr
- Genome sequence of the pink to light reddish-pigmented Rubellimicrobium mesophilum type strain (DSM 19309(T)), a representative of the Roseobacter group isolated from soil, and emended description of the species.
- Authors: Riedel T, Spring S, Fiebig A, Petersen J, Göker M, Klenk HP
- Issue date: 2014 Jun 15
- Complete genome sequence of the marine methyl-halide oxidizing Leisingera methylohalidivorans type strain (DSM 14336(T)), a representative of the Roseobacter clade.
- Authors: Buddruhs N, Chertkov O, Petersen J, Fiebig A, Chen A, Pati A, Ivanova N, Lapidus A, Goodwin LA, Chain P, Detter JC, Gronow S, Kyrpides NC, Woyke T, Göker M, Brinkhoff T, Klenk HP
- Issue date: 2013 Oct 16
- Genome sequence of the reddish-pigmented Rubellimicrobium thermophilum type strain (DSM 16684(T)), a member of the Roseobacter clade.
- Authors: Fiebig A, Riedel T, Gronow S, Petersen J, Klenk HP, Göker M
- Issue date: 2013 Jul 30