Mutations improving production and secretion of extracellular lipase by Burkholderia glumae PG1.
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
Streit, Wolfgang R
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractBurkholderia glumae is a Gram-negative phytopathogenic bacterium known as the causative agent of rice panicle blight. Strain B. glumae PG1 is used for the production of a biotechnologically relevant lipase, which is secreted into the culture supernatant via a type II secretion pathway. We have comparatively analyzed the genome sequences of B. glumae PG1 wild type and a lipase overproducing strain obtained by classical strain mutagenesis. Among a total number of 72 single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) identified in the genome of the production strain, two were localized in front of the lipAB operon and were analyzed in detail. Both mutations contribute to a 100-fold overproduction of extracellular lipase in B. glumae PG1 by affecting transcription of the lipAB operon and efficiency of lipase secretion. We analyzed each of the two SNPs separately and observed a stronger influence of the promoter mutation than of the signal peptide modification but also a cumulative effect of both mutations. Furthermore, fusion of the mutated LipA signal peptide resulted in a 2-fold increase in secretion of the heterologous reporter alkaline phosphatase from Escherichia coli.
CitationMutations improving production and secretion of extracellular lipase by Burkholderia glumae PG1. 2015: Appl. Microbiol. Biotechnol.
AffiliationHelmholtz-Institute for Pharmaceutical Research Saarland (HIPS),Saarland 9 University, 66123 Saarbrücken, Germany.
The following license files are associated with this item:
- Hexadecane and Tween 80 stimulate lipase production in Burkholderia glumae by different mechanisms.
- Authors: Boekema BK, Beselin A, Breuer M, Hauer B, Koster M, Rosenau F, Jaeger KE, Tommassen J
- Issue date: 2007 Jun
- Complete genome sequence of the lipase producing strain Burkholderia glumae PG1.
- Authors: Voget S, Knapp A, Poehlein A, Vollstedt C, Streit W, Daniel R, Jaeger KE
- Issue date: 2015 Jun 20
- Identification of new regulatory genes involved in the pathogenic functions of the rice-pathogenic bacterium Burkholderia glumae.
- Authors: Melanson RA, Barphagha I, Osti S, Lelis TP, Karki HS, Chen R, Shrestha BK, Ham JH
- Issue date: 2017 Feb
- Involvement of a quorum-sensing-regulated lipase secreted by a clinical isolate of Burkholderia glumae in severe disease symptoms in rice.
- Authors: Devescovi G, Bigirimana J, Degrassi G, Cabrio L, LiPuma JJ, Kim J, Hwang I, Venturi V
- Issue date: 2007 Aug
- Genome-wide RNA sequencing analysis of quorum sensing-controlled regulons in the plant-associated Burkholderia glumae PG1 strain.
- Authors: Gao R, Krysciak D, Petersen K, Utpatel C, Knapp A, Schmeisser C, Daniel R, Voget S, Jaeger KE, Streit WR
- Issue date: 2015 Dec