Hepatic differentiation of human pluripotent stem cells in miniaturized format suitable for high-throughput screen.
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe establishment of protocols to differentiate human pluripotent stem cells (hPSCs) including embryonic (ESC) and induced pluripotent (iPSC) stem cells into functional hepatocyte-like cells (HLCs) creates new opportunities to study liver metabolism, genetic diseases and infection of hepatotropic viruses (hepatitis B and C viruses) in the context of specific genetic background. While supporting efficient differentiation to HLCs, the published protocols are limited in terms of differentiation into fully mature hepatocytes and in a smaller-well format. This limitation handicaps the application of these cells to high-throughput assays. Here we describe a protocol allowing efficient and consistent hepatic differentiation of hPSCs in 384-well plates into functional hepatocyte-like cells, which remain differentiated for more than 3weeks. This protocol affords the unique opportunity to miniaturize the hPSC-based differentiation technology and facilitates screening for molecules in modulating liver differentiation, metabolism, genetic network, and response to infection or other external stimuli.
CitationHepatic differentiation of human pluripotent stem cells in miniaturized format suitable for high-throughput screen. 2016, 16 (3):640-650 Stem Cell Res
AffiliationTwincore, Institute for Experimental Virology, Hannover, Germany.
JournalStem cell research
The following license files are associated with this item:
- Genetic and Chemical Screenings Identify HDAC3 as a Key Regulator in Hepatic Differentiation of Human Pluripotent Stem Cells.
- Authors: Li S, Li M, Liu X, Yang Y, Wei Y, Chen Y, Qiu Y, Zhou T, Feng Z, Ma D, Fang J, Ying H, Wang H, Musunuru K, Shao Z, Zhao Y, Ding Q
- Issue date: 2018 Jul 10
- Isolation and expansion of human pluripotent stem cell-derived hepatic progenitor cells by growth factor defined serum-free culture conditions.
- Authors: Fukuda T, Takayama K, Hirata M, Liu YJ, Yanagihara K, Suga M, Mizuguchi H, Furue MK
- Issue date: 2017 Mar 15
- Prediction of Differentiation Tendency Toward Hepatocytes from Gene Expression in Undifferentiated Human Pluripotent Stem Cells.
- Authors: Yanagihara K, Liu Y, Kanie K, Takayama K, Kokunugi M, Hirata M, Fukuda T, Suga M, Nikawa H, Mizuguchi H, Kato R, Furue MK
- Issue date: 2016 Dec 15
- Phenotypic and functional analyses show stem cell-derived hepatocyte-like cells better mimic fetal rather than adult hepatocytes.
- Authors: Baxter M, Withey S, Harrison S, Segeritz CP, Zhang F, Atkinson-Dell R, Rowe C, Gerrard DT, Sison-Young R, Jenkins R, Henry J, Berry AA, Mohamet L, Best M, Fenwick SW, Malik H, Kitteringham NR, Goldring CE, Piper Hanley K, Vallier L, Hanley NA
- Issue date: 2015 Mar
- Comparative transcriptomics of hepatic differentiation of human pluripotent stem cells and adult human liver tissue.
- Authors: Ghosheh N, Küppers-Munther B, Asplund A, Edsbagge J, Ulfenborg B, Andersson TB, Björquist P, Andersson CX, Carén H, Simonsson S, Sartipy P, Synnergren J
- Issue date: 2017 Aug 1