Alterations of miRNAs and miRNA-regulated mRNA expression in GC B cell lymphomas determined by integrative sequencing analysis.
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
Bernhart, Stephan H
Mahapatra, Kunal Das
Bergmann, Anke K
Drexler, Hans G
McHardy, Alice C
Stadler, Peter F
Weniger, Marc A
Hoell, Jessica I
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractMicroRNAs are well-established players in posttranscriptional gene regulation. However, information on the effects of microRNA deregulation mainly relies on bioinformatic prediction of potential targets, whereas proof of the direct physical microRNAs/target mRNAs interaction is mostly lacking. Within the International Cancer Genome Consortium Project Determining Molecular Mechanisms in Malignant Lymphoma by Sequencing (ICGC MMML-Seq), we performed miRnome sequencing from 16 Burkitt lymphomas, 19 diffuse large B-cell lymphomas, and 21 follicular lymphomas. Twenty-two miRNAs separated Burkitt lymphomas from diffuse large B-cell lymphomas/follicular lymphomas, of which 13 have shown regulation by MYC. Moreover, we show expression of three hitherto unreported microRNAs. Additionally, we detect recurrent mutations of hsa-miR-142 in diffuse large B-cell lymphomas and follicular lymphomas, and editing of the hsa-miR-376 cluster, providing evidence for microRNA editing in lymphomagenesis. To interrogate the direct physical interactions of microRNAs with mRNAs, we performed Argonaute-2 photoactivatable ribonucleoside-enhanced cross-linking and immunoprecipitation experiments. MicroRNAs directly targeted 208 mRNAs in the Burkitt lymphomas and 328 mRNAs in the non-Burkitt lymphoma models. This integrative analysis discovered several regulatory pathways of relevance in lymphomagenesis including Ras, PI3K-Akt and MAPK signaling pathways, also recurrently deregulated in lymphomas by mutations. Our dataset uncovers in detail the mRNA deregulation through microRNAs as a highly relevant mechanism in lymphomagenesis.
CitationAlterations of miRNAs and miRNA-regulated mRNA expression in GC B cell lymphomas determined by integrative sequencing analysis. 2016: Haematologica
AffiliationHeinrich-Heine-University Duesseldorf, Medical Faculty, Department of Pediatric Oncology
The following license files are associated with this item:
Except where otherwise noted, this item's license is described as http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/4.0/
- Integrative microRNA and mRNA deep-sequencing expression profiling in endemic Burkitt lymphoma.
- Authors: Oduor CI, Kaymaz Y, Chelimo K, Otieno JA, Ong'echa JM, Moormann AM, Bailey JA
- Issue date: 2017 Nov 13
- DNA methylome analysis in Burkitt and follicular lymphomas identifies differentially methylated regions linked to somatic mutation and transcriptional control.
- Authors: Kretzmer H, Bernhart SH, Wang W, Haake A, Weniger MA, Bergmann AK, Betts MJ, Carrillo-de-Santa-Pau E, Doose G, Gutwein J, Richter J, Hovestadt V, Huang B, Rico D, Jühling F, Kolarova J, Lu Q, Otto C, Wagener R, Arnolds J, Burkhardt B, Claviez A, Drexler HG, Eberth S, Eils R, Flicek P, Haas S, Humme M, Karsch D, Kerstens HHD, Klapper W, Kreuz M, Lawerenz C, Lenzek D, Loeffler M, López C, MacLeod RAF, Martens JHA, Kulis M, Martín-Subero JI, Möller P, Nage I, Picelli S, Vater I, Rohde M, Rosenstiel P, Rosolowski M, Russell RB, Schilhabel M, Schlesner M, Stadler PF, Szczepanowski M, Trümper L, Stunnenberg HG, Küppers R, Ammerpohl O, Lichter P, Siebert R, Hoffmann S, Radlwimmer B
- Issue date: 2015 Nov
- MicroRNA profiling of primary cutaneous large B-cell lymphomas.
- Authors: Koens L, Qin Y, Leung WY, Corver WE, Jansen PM, Willemze R, Vermeer MH, Tensen CP
- Issue date: 2013
- Primary mediastinal B-cell lymphoma: hypermutation of the BCL6 gene targets motifs different from those in diffuse large B-cell and follicular lymphomas.
- Authors: Malpeli G, Barbi S, Moore PS, Scardoni M, Chilosi M, Scarpa A, Menestrina F
- Issue date: 2004 Sep
- [Analysis of genomic copy number alterations of malignant lymphomas and its application for diagnosis].
- Authors: Tagawa H
- Issue date: 2007 Jul