Complete genome sequence of the haloalkaliphilic, obligately chemolithoautotrophic thiosulfate and sulfide-oxidizing γ-proteobacterium Thioalkalimicrobium cyclicum type strain ALM 1 (DSM 14477(T)).
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
Montero-Calasanz, Maria Del Carmen
Kyrpides, Nikos C
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThioalkalimicrobium cyclicum Sorokin et al. 2002 is a member of the family Piscirickettsiaceae in the order Thiotrichales. The γ-proteobacterium belongs to the colourless sulfur-oxidizing bacteria isolated from saline soda lakes with stable alkaline pH, such as Lake Mono (California) and Soap Lake (Washington State). Strain ALM 1(T) is characterized by its adaptation to life in the oxic/anoxic interface towards the less saline aerobic waters (mixolimnion) of the stable stratified alkaline salt lakes. Strain ALM 1(T) is the first representative of the genus Thioalkalimicrobium whose genome sequence has been deciphered and the fourth genome sequence of a type strain of the Piscirickettsiaceae to be published. The 1,932,455 bp long chromosome with its 1,684 protein-coding and 50 RNA genes was sequenced as part of the DOE Joint Genome Institute Community Sequencing Program (CSP) 2008.
CitationComplete genome sequence of the haloalkaliphilic, obligately chemolithoautotrophic thiosulfate and sulfide-oxidizing γ-proteobacterium Thioalkalimicrobium cyclicum type strain ALM 1 (DSM 14477(T)). 2016, 11:38 Stand Genomic Sci
AffiliationHelmholtzzentrum für Infektionsforschung, 38124 Braunschweig
JournalStandards in genomic sciences
- Thioalkalimicrobium cyclicum sp. nov. and Thioalkalivibrio jannaschii sp. nov., novel species of haloalkaliphilic, obligately chemolithoautotrophic sulfur-oxidizing bacteria from hypersaline alkaline Mono Lake (California).
- Authors: Sorokin DY, Gorlenko VM, Tourova TP, Tsapin AI, Nealson KH, Kuenen GJ
- Issue date: 2002 May
- Complete genome sequence of Thioalkalivibrio paradoxus type strain ARh 1(T), an obligately chemolithoautotrophic haloalkaliphilic sulfur-oxidizing bacterium isolated from a Kenyan soda lake.
- Authors: Berben T, Sorokin DY, Ivanova N, Pati A, Kyrpides N, Goodwin LA, Woyke T, Muyzer G
- Issue date: 2015
- Thioalkalimicrobium aerophilum gen. nov., sp. nov. and Thioalkalimicrobium sibericum sp. nov., and Thioalkalivibrio versutus gen. nov., sp. nov., Thioalkalivibrio nitratis sp.nov., novel and Thioalkalivibrio denitrificancs sp. nov., novel obligately alkaliphilic and obligately chemolithoautotrophic sulfur-oxidizing bacteria from soda lakes.
- Authors: Sorokin DY, Lysenko AM, Mityushina LL, Tourova TP, Jones BE, Rainey FA, Robertson LA, Kuenen GJ
- Issue date: 2001 Mar
- Sulfur-oxidizing bacteria in Soap Lake (Washington State), a meromictic, haloalkaline lake with an unprecedented high sulfide content.
- Authors: Sorokin DY, Foti M, Pinkart HC, Muyzer G
- Issue date: 2007 Jan
- Growth physiology and competitive interaction of obligately chemolithoautotrophic, haloalkaliphilic, sulfur-oxidizing bacteria from soda lakes.
- Authors: Sorokin DY, Banciu H, van Loosdrecht M, Kuenen JG
- Issue date: 2003 Jun