Characterizing the Epothilone Binding Site on β-Tubulin by Photoaffinity Labeling: Identification of β-Tubulin Peptides TARGSQQY and TSRGSQQY as Targets of an Epothilone Photoprobe for Polymerized Tubulin.
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
AuthorsRanade, Adwait R
Markowski, Todd W
Hong, Kwon Ho
Georg, Gunda I
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractPhotoaffinity labeling with an epothilone A photoprobe led to the identification of the β-tubulin peptides TARGSQQY and TSRGSQQY as targets of the photoprobe for polymerized tubulin. These peptides represent residues 274-281 in different β-tubulin isotypes. Placing the carbene producing 21-diazo/triazolo moiety of the photoprobe in the vicinity of the TARGSQQY peptide in a homology model of TBB3 predicted a binding pose and conformation of the photoprobe that are very similar to the ones reported for 1) the high resolution cocrystal structure of epothilone A with an α,β-tubulin complex and for 2) a saturation transfer difference NMR and transferred NOESY NMR study of dimeric and polymerized tubulin. Our findings thus provide additional support for these models as physiologically the most relevant among several modes of binding that have been proposed for epothilone A in the taxane pocket of β-tubulin.
CitationCharacterizing the Epothilone Binding Site on β-Tubulin by Photoaffinity Labeling: Identification of β-Tubulin Peptides TARGSQQY and TSRGSQQY as Targets of an Epothilone Photoprobe for Polymerized Tubulin. 2016, 59 (7):3499-514 J. Med. Chem.
AffiliationHelmholtz Centre for infection research, Inhoffenstr. 7, 38124 Braunschweig, Germany.
JournalJournal of medicinal chemistry
The following license files are associated with this item:
Except where otherwise noted, this item's license is described as http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/4.0/
- Total synthesis and evaluation of 22-(3-azidobenzoyloxy)methyl epothilone C for photoaffinity labeling of beta-tubulin.
- Authors: Hutt OE, Inagaki J, Reddy BS, Nair SK, Reiff EA, Henri JT, Greiner JF, VanderVelde DG, Chiu TL, Amin EA, Himes RH, Georg GI
- Issue date: 2009 Jun 15
- Total synthesis and evaluation of C26-hydroxyepothilone D derivatives for photoaffinity labeling of beta-tubulin.
- Authors: Reiff EA, Nair SK, Henri JT, Greiner JF, Reddy BS, Chakrasali R, David SA, Chiu TL, Amin EA, Himes RH, Vander Velde DG, Georg GI
- Issue date: 2010 Jan 1
- A common pharmacophore for epothilone and taxanes: molecular basis for drug resistance conferred by tubulin mutations in human cancer cells.
- Authors: Giannakakou P, Gussio R, Nogales E, Downing KH, Zaharevitz D, Bollbuck B, Poy G, Sackett D, Nicolaou KC, Fojo T
- Issue date: 2000 Mar 14
- Molecular modeling study on the tubulin-binding modes of epothilone derivatives: Insight into the structural basis for epothilones activity.
- Authors: Jiménez VA, Alderete JB, Navarrete KR
- Issue date: 2017 Dec
- The binding mode of epothilone A on alpha,beta-tubulin by electron crystallography.
- Authors: Nettles JH, Li H, Cornett B, Krahn JM, Snyder JP, Downing KH
- Issue date: 2004 Aug 6