Immune modulator adamantylamide dipeptide stimulates efficient major histocompatibility complex class I-restricted responses in mice.
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractAdamantylamide L-alanyl-D-isoglutamine (AdDP) is a synthetic adjuvant which belongs to the family of the desmuramyl peptides. AdDP exerts its adjuvant properties when it is administered either by the parenteral or by the mucosal route, leading to the elicitation of strong humoral responses at both the systemic and the mucosal levels. However, very little is known about the effect of AdDP on cellular immunity. Here we demonstrate that AdDP is able to stimulate cellular responses, which are characterized by the release of gamma interferon by CD8+ T cells when they are restimulated with a major histocompatibility complex class I-restricted peptide and strong in vivo lymphocyte-mediated cytotoxic activity. The capacity of AdDP to stimulate the elicitation of both cellular and humoral adaptive responses makes this adjuvant a promising tool for the development of mucosal vaccine formulations.
CitationImmune modulator adamantylamide dipeptide stimulates efficient major histocompatibility complex class I-restricted responses in mice. 2007, 14 (5):538-43 Clin. Vaccine Immunol.
AffiliationHelmholtz Centre for infection research, Inhoffenstr. 7, 38124 Braunschweig, Germany.
The following license files are associated with this item:
Except where otherwise noted, this item's license is described as http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/4.0/
- Adamantylamide dipeptide as effective immunoadjuvant in rabbits and mice.
- Authors: Becker PD, Corral RS, Guzmán CA, Grinstein S
- Issue date: 2001 Sep 14
- Stimulation of nonspecific immunity, haemopoiesis and protection of mice against radiation injury by 1-adamantylamide-L-alanyl-D-isoglutamine incorporated in liposomes.
- Authors: Turánek J, Záluská D, Vacek A, Borkovcová P, Thurnvaldová J, Bláha L, Masek K
- Issue date: 2001 Jan
- Effects of in vivo administration of adamantylamide dipeptide on bone marrow granulocyte-macrophage hemopoietic progenitor cells (GM-CFC) and on ability of serum of the treated mice to stimulate GM-CFC colony formation in vitro: comparison with muramyl dipeptide and glucan.
- Authors: Vacek A, Hofer M, Masek K
- Issue date: 1999 Feb
- Adamantylamide dipeptide stimulates hematopoiesis and increases survival in irradiated mice.
- Authors: Hofer M, Vacek A, Masek K, Juchelková L, Pipalová I
- Issue date: 2000 Jan
- Nasal immunization with Burkholderia multivorans outer membrane proteins and the mucosal adjuvant adamantylamide dipeptide confers efficient protection against experimental lung infections with B. multivorans and B. cenocepacia.
- Authors: Bertot GM, Restelli MA, Galanternik L, Aranibar Urey RC, Valvano MA, Grinstein S
- Issue date: 2007 Jun