Archazolid A-15-O-β-D-glucopyranoside and iso-archazolid B: potent V-ATPase inhibitory polyketides from the myxobacteria Cystobacter violaceus and Archangium gephyra.
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractTwo structurally novel analogues of the macrolides archazolids A and B, archazolid A-15-O-β-D-glucopyranoside (archazolid E, 5) and iso-archazolid B (archazolid F, 6), were isolated from the myxobacterium Cystobacter violaceus and Archangium gephyra, respectively. Macrolactone 5 represents the first 15-O-glycoside of the archazolids. iso-Archazolid B (6) incorporates a C-3 alkene and presents the first constitutional isomer reported for this natural product class. The structures of these polyketides were determined by spectroscopic analysis, in particular by HMBC, HMQC, and ROESY NMR investigations and by chemical degradation. iso-Archazolid B (6) demonstrated extremely high antiproliferative and V-ATPase inhibitory effects, with IC(50) values in the picomolar range, while only moderate activity was observed for glycoside 5. iso-Archazolid B presents the most potent archazolid known.
CitationArchazolid A-15-O-β-D-glucopyranoside and iso-archazolid B: potent V-ATPase inhibitory polyketides from the myxobacteria Cystobacter violaceus and Archangium gephyra. 2011, 74 (5):1100-5 J. Nat. Prod.
AffiliationHelmholtz Centre for infection research, Inhoffenstr. 7, 38124 Braunschweig, Germany.
JournalJournal of natural products
The following license files are associated with this item:
Except where otherwise noted, this item's license is described as http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/4.0/
- Stereochemical determination of Archazolid A and B, highly potent vacuolar-type ATPase inhibitors from the Myxobacterium Archangium gephyra.
- Authors: Hassfeld J, Farès C, Steinmetz H, Carlomagno T, Menche D
- Issue date: 2006 Oct 12
- The first hydroxylated archazolid from the myxobacterium Cystobacter violaceus: isolation, structural elucidation and V-ATPase inhibition.
- Authors: Menche D, Hassfeld J, Steinmetz H, Huss M, Wieczorek H, Sasse F
- Issue date: 2007 May
- Design, synthesis, and biological evaluation of novel analogues of archazolid: a highly potent simplified V-ATPase inhibitor.
- Authors: Menche D, Hassfeld J, Sasse F, Huss M, Wieczorek H
- Issue date: 2007 Mar 15
- Synthesis and biological evaluation of a water-soluble derivative of the potent V-ATPase inhibitor archazolid.
- Authors: Persch E, Basile T, Bockelmann S, Huss M, Wieczorek H, Carlomagno T, Menche D
- Issue date: 2012 Dec 15
- Archazolids, new cytotoxic macrolactones from Archangium gephyra (Myxobacteria). Production, isolation, physico-chemical and biological properties.
- Authors: Sasse F, Steinmetz H, Höfle G, Reichenbach H
- Issue date: 2003 Jun