Deciding on the mode of birth after a previous caesarean section - An online survey investigating women's preferences in Western Switzerland.
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
MetadataShow full item record
Abstractpromoting vaginal births after caesarean section (VBAC) for eligible women and increasing rates of successful VBACs are the best strategies to reduce the number of repeat caesarean sections (CS). Knowledge of factors that are associated with women's decision-making around mode of birth after CS is important when developing strategies to promote VBAC. This study assessed which factors are associated with women's preferences for VBAC versus elective repeat caesarean section (ERCS) in a new pregnancy after one previous caesarean in Switzerland.
CitationDeciding on the mode of birth after a previous caesarean section - An online survey investigating women's preferences in Western Switzerland. 2017, 50:219-227 Midwifery
AffiliationHelmholtz Centre for infection research, Inhoffenstr. 7, 38124 Braunschweig, Germany.
The following license files are associated with this item:
Except where otherwise noted, this item's license is described as http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/4.0/
- Trends in birth choices after caesarean section in Japan: A national survey examining information and access to vaginal birth after caesarean.
- Authors: Torigoe I, Shorten B, Yoshida S, Shorten A
- Issue date: 2016 Jun
- Preference of birth mode and postnatal health related quality of life after one previous caesarean section in three European countries.
- Authors: Fobelets M, Beeckman K, Buyl R, Healy P, Grylka-Baeschlin S, Nicoletti J, Canepa M, Devane D, Gross MM, Morano S, Daly D, Begley C, Putman K
- Issue date: 2019 Sep 19
- Women's decision-making processes and the influences on their mode of birth following a previous caesarean section in Taiwan: a qualitative study.
- Authors: Chen SW, Hutchinson AM, Nagle C, Bucknall TK
- Issue date: 2018 Jan 17
- Clinicians' views of factors of importance for improving the rate of VBAC (vaginal birth after caesarean section): a study from countries with low VBAC rates.
- Authors: Lundgren I, Healy P, Carroll M, Begley C, Matterne A, Gross MM, Grylka-Baeschlin S, Nicoletti J, Morano S, Nilsson C, Lalor J
- Issue date: 2016 Nov 10
- 'Groping through the fog': a metasynthesis of women's experiences on VBAC (Vaginal birth after Caesarean section).
- Authors: Lundgren I, Begley C, Gross MM, Bondas T
- Issue date: 2012 Aug 21