Expression and Activity of Breast Cancer Resistance Protein (BCRP/ABCG2) in Human Distal Lung Epithelial Cells In Vitro.
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
Selo, Mohammed Ali
Clerkin, Caoimhe G
Lehr, Claus Michael
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractBreast cancer resistance protein (BCRP/ABCG2) has previously been identified with high expression levels in human lung. The subcellular localisation and functional activity of the transporter in lung epithelia, however, remains poorly investigated. The aim of this project was to study BCRP expression and activity in freshly isolated human alveolar epithelial type 2 (AT2) and type 1-like (AT1-like) cells in primary culture, and to compare these findings with data obtained from the NCI-H441 cell line.
CitationExpression and Activity of Breast Cancer Resistance Protein (BCRP/ABCG2) in Human Distal Lung Epithelial Cells In Vitro. 2017 Pharm. Res.
AffiliationHelmholtz Institut für Pharmaceutischr Forschung Saarland, Universitätscampus E8.1, 66123 Saarbrücken, Germany.
The following license files are associated with this item:
Except where otherwise noted, this item's license is described as http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/4.0/
- The cell line NCl-H441 is a useful in vitro model for transport studies of human distal lung epithelial barrier.
- Authors: Salomon JJ, Muchitsch VE, Gausterer JC, Schwagerus E, Huwer H, Daum N, Lehr CM, Ehrhardt C
- Issue date: 2014 Mar 3
- Drug Transporter Protein Quantification of Immortalized Human Lung Cell Lines Derived from Tracheobronchial Epithelial Cells (Calu-3 and BEAS2-B), Bronchiolar-Alveolar Cells (NCI-H292 and NCI-H441), and Alveolar Type II-like Cells (A549) by Liquid Chromatography-Tandem Mass Spectrometry.
- Authors: Sakamoto A, Matsumaru T, Yamamura N, Suzuki S, Uchida Y, Tachikawa M, Terasaki T
- Issue date: 2015 Sep
- Expression and functional analyses of breast cancer resistance protein in lung cancer.
- Authors: Kawabata S, Oka M, Soda H, Shiozawa K, Nakatomi K, Tsurutani J, Nakamura Y, Doi S, Kitazaki T, Sugahara K, Yamada Y, Kamihira S, Kohno S
- Issue date: 2003 Aug 1
- Expression and functional activity of breast cancer resistance protein (BCRP, ABCG2) transporter in the human choriocarcinoma cell line BeWo.
- Authors: Ceckova M, Libra A, Pavek P, Nachtigal P, Brabec M, Fuchs R, Staud F
- Issue date: 2006 Jan-Feb
- Breast cancer resistance protein BCRP (ABCG2)-mediated transepithelial nitrofurantoin secretion and its regulation in human intestinal epithelial (Caco-2) layers.
- Authors: Wright JA, Haslam IS, Coleman T, Simmons NL
- Issue date: 2011 Dec 15