New natural products identified by combined genomics-metabolomics profiling of marine Streptomyces sp. MP131-18.
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
Terekhova, Larisa P
Zotchev, Sergey B
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractMarine actinobacteria are drawing more and more attention as a promising source of new natural products. Here we report isolation, genome sequencing and metabolic profiling of new strain Streptomyces sp. MP131-18 isolated from marine sediment sample collected in the Trondheim Fjord, Norway. The 16S rRNA and multilocus phylogenetic analysis showed that MP131-18 belongs to the genus Streptomyces. The genome of MP131-18 isolate was sequenced, and 36 gene clusters involved in the biosynthesis of 18 different types of secondary metabolites were predicted using antiSMASH analysis. The combined genomics-metabolics profiling of the strain led to the identification of several new biologically active compounds. As a result, the family of bisindole pyrroles spiroindimicins was extended with two new members, spiroindimicins E and F. Furthermore, prediction of the biosynthetic pathway for unusual α-pyrone lagunapyrone isolated from MP131-18 resulted in foresight and identification of two new compounds of this family - lagunapyrones D and E. The diversity of identified and predicted compounds from Streptomyces sp. MP131-18 demonstrates that marine-derived actinomycetes are not only a promising source of new natural products, but also represent a valuable pool of genes for combinatorial biosynthesis of secondary metabolites.
CitationNew natural products identified by combined genomics-metabolomics profiling of marine Streptomyces sp. MP131-18. 2017, 7:42382 Sci Rep
AffiliationHelmholtz-Institut für Pharmazeutische Forschung Saarland, Universitätscampus E8.1, 66123 Saarbrücken, Germany.
The following license files are associated with this item:
Except where otherwise noted, this item's license is described as http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/4.0/
- Identification and activation of novel biosynthetic gene clusters by genome mining in the kirromycin producer Streptomyces collinus Tü 365.
- Authors: Iftime D, Kulik A, Härtner T, Rohrer S, Niedermeyer TH, Stegmann E, Weber T, Wohlleben W
- Issue date: 2016 Mar
- Manipulation of metabolic pathways controlled by signaling molecules, inducers of antibiotic production, for genome mining in Streptomyces spp.
- Authors: Arakawa K
- Issue date: 2018 May
- Genome mining of Streptomyces ambofaciens.
- Authors: Aigle B, Lautru S, Spiteller D, Dickschat JS, Challis GL, Leblond P, Pernodet JL
- Issue date: 2014 Feb
- Diverse and Abundant Secondary Metabolism Biosynthetic Gene Clusters in the Genomes of Marine Sponge Derived Streptomyces spp. Isolates.
- Authors: Jackson SA, Crossman L, Almeida EL, Margassery LM, Kennedy J, Dobson ADW
- Issue date: 2018 Feb 20
- Actinoalloteichus fjordicus sp. nov. isolated from marine sponges: phenotypic, chemotaxonomic and genomic characterisation.
- Authors: Nouioui I, Rückert C, Willemse J, van Wezel GP, Klenk HP, Busche T, Kalinowski J, Bredholt H, Zotchev SB
- Issue date: 2017 Dec