Optimization of the biotechnological production of a novel class of anti-MRSA antibiotics from Chitinophaga sancti.
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractRecently, the discovery of the elansolids, a group of macrolides, was reported. The molecules show activity against methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus as well as other gram-positive organisms. This fact renders those substances a promising starting point for future chemical development. The active atropisomers A1/A2 are formed by macrolactonization of the biosynthesis product A3 but are prone to ring opening and subsequent formation of several unwanted side products. Recently it could be shown that addition of different nucleophiles to culture extracts of Chitinophaga sancti enable the formation of new stable elansolid derivatives. Furthermore, addition of such a nucleophile directly into the culture led exclusively to formation of a single active elansolid derivative. Due to low product yields, methods for production of gram amounts of these molecules have to be established to enable further development of this promising compound class.
CitationOptimization of the biotechnological production of a novel class of anti-MRSA antibiotics from Chitinophaga sancti. 2017, 16 (1):143 Microb. Cell Fact.
AffiliationHelmholtz-Zentrum für Infektionsforschung GmbH, Inhoffenstr. 7, 38124 Braunschweig, Germany.
JournalMicrobial cell factories
The following license files are associated with this item:
Except where otherwise noted, this item's license is described as http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/4.0/
- Precursor-directed syntheses and biological evaluation of new elansolid derivatives.
- Authors: Steinmetz H, Zander W, Shushni MA, Jansen R, Gerth K, Dehn R, Dräger G, Kirschning A, Müller R
- Issue date: 2012 Aug 13
- Elansolid A, a unique macrolide antibiotic from Chitinophaga sancti isolated as two stable atropisomers.
- Authors: Steinmetz H, Gerth K, Jansen R, Schläger N, Dehn R, Reinecke S, Kirschning A, Müller R
- Issue date: 2011 Jan 10
- Elansolid A3, a unique p-quinone methide antibiotic from Chitinophaga sancti.
- Authors: Jansen R, Gerth K, Steinmetz H, Reinecke S, Kessler W, Kirschning A, Müller R
- Issue date: 2011 Jul 4
- Total synthesis of elansolids B1 and B2.
- Authors: Wang LL, Kirschning A
- Issue date: 2017
- Harnessing a p-Quinone Methide Intermediate in the Biomimetic Total Synthesis of the Highly Active Antibiotic 20-Deoxy-Elansolid B1.
- Authors: Wang LL, Candito D, Dräger G, Herrmann J, Müller R, Kirschning A
- Issue date: 2017 Apr 19