Proposal of Henriciella barbarensis sp. nov. and Henriciella algicola sp. nov., stalked species of the genus and emendation of the genus Henriciella.
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
de Carvalho, Maira Peres
da Costa Neves, Thais Souto Paula
Memoria, Marina Torquato
Tartuci, Iago Toledo
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractTwo Gram-negative, heterotrophic, aerobic, prosthecated, marine bacteria, designated strains MCS23T and MCS27T, were isolated from seawater samples. NaCl was required for growth. The major polar lipid detected in strain MCS27T was phosphatidylglycerol, whereas those detected in MCS23T were phosphatidylglycerol, sulfoquinovosyl diacylglycerol and 1,2-diacyl-3-α-d-glucuronopyranosyl-sn-glycerol taurineamide. The most abundant cellular fatty acids were C18 : 1ω7 and C16 : 0, hydroxyl-fatty acids were 3-OH C12 : 0 in both strains and 3-OH C11 : 0 in MCS23T. Strains MCS23T and MCS27T had DNA G+C contents of 57.0 and 55.0 mol%, respectively. The two strains shared 99.3 % 16S rRNA gene sequence similarity; levels of similarity with the type strains of species of the genus Henriciella were 99.4-97.8 % but DNA-DNA hybridizations were 53 % or lower. Besides their 16S rRNA gene sequences, the novel strains can be differentiated from other species of the genus Henriciella by cell morphology, lipid and fatty acid patterns and enzyme activities. The data obtained led to the identification of two novel species, for which the names Henriciella barbarensis sp. nov. (type strain MCS23T=LMG 28705T=CCUG 66934T) and Henriciella algicola sp. nov. (type strain MCS27T=LMG 29152T=CCUG 67844T) are proposed. As these two novel species are the first prosthecate species in the genus Henriciella, an emended genus description is also provided.
CitationProposal of Henriciella barbarensis sp. nov. and Henriciella algicola sp. nov., stalked species of the genus and emendation of the genus Henriciella. 2017, 67 (8):2804-2810 Int. J. Syst. Evol. Microbiol.
AffiliationHelmholtz-Zentrum für Infektionsforschung GmbH, Inhoffenstr.7,38124 Braunschweig, Germany.
The following license files are associated with this item:
Except where otherwise noted, this item's license is described as http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/4.0/
- Henriciella litoralis sp. nov., isolated from a tidal flat, transfer of Maribaculum marinum Lai et al. 2009 to the genus Henriciella as Henriciella aquimarina nom. nov. and emended description of the genus Henriciella.
- Authors: Lee SH, Shim JK, Kim JM, Choi HK, Jeon CO
- Issue date: 2011 Apr
- Henriciella pelagia sp. nov., isolated from seawater.
- Authors: Wu YH, Cheng H, Huo YY, Jin XB, Wang CS, Xu XW
- Issue date: 2017 Aug
- Hirschia litorea sp. nov., isolated from seashore sediment, and emended description of the genus Hirschia.
- Authors: Park S, Yoon JH
- Issue date: 2013 May
- Temperatibacter marinus gen. nov., sp. nov., a mesophilic bacterium isolated from surface seawater and description of Temperatibacteraceae fam. nov. in the class Alphaproteobacteria.
- Authors: Teramoto M, Nishijima M
- Issue date: 2014 Sep
- Hyphococcus flavus gen. nov., sp. nov., a novel alphaproteobacterium isolated from deep seawater.
- Authors: Sun C, Wu C, Su Y, Wang RJ, Fu GY, Zhao Z, Yu XY, Huang MM, Han BN, Lv ZB, Wu M
- Issue date: 2017 Oct