Promicromonospora kermanensis sp. nov., an actinobacterium isolated from soil.
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
Montero-Calasanz, Maria Del Carmen
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractA novel strain belonging to the genus Promicromonospora, designated HM 533T, was isolated from soil in Kerman Province, Iran. It produced long and branched hyphae on ISP 2 medium that developed into a large number of irregular-shaped spores. It showed optimal growth at 25-30 °C and pH 5.0-8.0 with 0-4 % (w/v) NaCl. The peptidoglycan type of strain HM 533T was A4α l-Lys-l-Ala-d-Glu. Whole-cell hydrolysates of strain HM 533T contained the sugars ribose, glucose and galactose. The main phospholipids were phosphatidylglycerol, diphosphatidylglycerol, phosphatidylinositol, two unknown glycolipids and an unknown phospholipid. MK-9(H4) and MK-9(H2) were the predominant menaquinones. The fatty acids pattern was mainly composed of the saturated branched-chain acids anteiso-C15 : 0 and iso-C15 : 0. The 16S rRNA gene sequence analysis showed the highest pairwise sequence identity (99.5-97.1 %) with the members of the genus Promicromonospora. Based on phenotypic and genotypic features, strain HM 533T is considered to represent a novel species of the genus Promicromonospora, for which the name Promicromonospora kermanensis is proposed with strain HM 533T (=DSM 45485T=UTMC 00533T=CECT 8709T) as the type strain.
CitationPromicromonospora kermanensis sp. nov., an actinobacterium isolated from soil. 2017, 67 (2):262-267 Int. J. Syst. Evol. Microbiol.
AffiliationZentrum für Infektionsforschung GmbH, Inhoffenstr.7, 38124 Braunschweig, Germany.
The following license files are associated with this item:
Except where otherwise noted, this item's license is described as http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/4.0/
- Promicromonospora iranensis sp. nov., an actinobacterium isolated from rhizospheric soil.
- Authors: Mohammadipanah F, Hamedi J, Spröer C, Montero-Calasanz Mdel C, Schumann P, Klenk HP
- Issue date: 2014 Sep
- Saccharothrix ecbatanensis sp. nov., an actinobacterium isolated from soil.
- Authors: Mohammadipanah F, Hamedi J, Schumann P, Spröer C, Carmen Montero-Calasanz MD, Klenk HP
- Issue date: 2015 Dec
- Microbacterium hydrothermale sp. nov., an actinobacterium isolated from hydrothermal sediment.
- Authors: Zhang Y, Ren H, Zhang G
- Issue date: 2014 Oct
- Frigoribacterium salinisoli sp. nov., isolated from saline soil, transfer of Frigoribacterium mesophilum to Parafrigoribacterium gen. nov. as Parafrigoribacterium mesophilum comb. nov.
- Authors: Kong D, Guo X, Zhou S, Wang H, Wang Y, Zhu J, Dong W, Li Y, He M, Hu G, Zhao B, Ruan Z
- Issue date: 2016 Dec
- Krasilnikoviella muralis gen. nov., sp. nov., a member of the family Promicromonosporaceae, isolated from the Takamatsuzuka Tumulus stone chamber interior and reclassification of Promicromonospora flava as Krasilnikoviella flava comb. nov.
- Authors: Nishijima M, Tazato N, Handa Y, Umekawa N, Kigawa R, Sano C, Sugiyama J
- Issue date: 2017 Feb