Phage Display on the Anti-infective Target 1-Deoxy-d-xylulose-5-phosphate Synthase Leads to an Acceptor-Substrate Competitive Peptidic Inhibitor.
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
Hirsch, Anna Katharina Herta
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractEnzymes of the 2-C-methyl-d-erythritol-4-phosphate pathway for the biosynthesis of isoprenoid precursors are validated drug targets. By performing phage display on 1-deoxy-d-xylulose-5-phosphate synthase (DXS), which catalyzes the first step of this pathway, we discovered several peptide hits and recognized false-positive hits. The enriched peptide binder P12 emerged as a substrate (d-glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate)-competitive inhibitor of Deinococcus radiodurans DXS. The results indicate possible overlap of the cofactor- and acceptor-substrate-binding pockets and provide inspiration for the design of inhibitors of DXS with a unique and novel mechanism of inhibition.
CitationPhage Display on the Anti-infective Target 1-Deoxy-d-xylulose-5-phosphate Synthase Leads to an Acceptor-Substrate Competitive Peptidic Inhibitor. 2018, 19 (1):58-65 Chembiochem
AffiliationHIPS, Helmholtz-Institut für pharmazeutische Forschung Saarland, Universitätscampus E8.1, 66123 Saarbrücken, Germany.
The following license files are associated with this item:
Except where otherwise noted, this item's license is described as http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/4.0/
- Methylerythritol phosphate pathway to isoprenoids: kinetic modeling and in silico enzyme inhibitions in Plasmodium falciparum.
- Authors: Singh VK, Ghosh I
- Issue date: 2013 Sep 2
- The herbicide ketoclomazone inhibits 1-deoxy-D-xylulose 5-phosphate synthase in the 2-C-methyl-D-erythritol 4-phosphate pathway and shows antibacterial activity against Haemophilus influenzae.
- Authors: Matsue Y, Mizuno H, Tomita T, Asami T, Nishiyama M, Kuzuyama T
- Issue date: 2010 Oct
- Feedback inhibition of deoxy-D-xylulose-5-phosphate synthase regulates the methylerythritol 4-phosphate pathway.
- Authors: Banerjee A, Wu Y, Banerjee R, Li Y, Yan H, Sharkey TD
- Issue date: 2013 Jun 7
- A high-throughput screening assay for simultaneous selection of inhibitors of Mycobacterium tuberculosis 1-deoxy-D-xylulose-5-phosphate synthase (Dxs) or 1-deoxy-D-xylulose 5-phosphate reductoisomerase (Dxr).
- Authors: Humnabadkar V, Jha RK, Ghatnekar N, De Sousa SM
- Issue date: 2011 Mar
- The methylerythritol phosphate pathway is functionally active in all intraerythrocytic stages of Plasmodium falciparum.
- Authors: Cassera MB, Gozzo FC, D'Alexandri FL, Merino EF, del Portillo HA, Peres VJ, Almeida IC, Eberlin MN, Wunderlich G, Wiesner J, Jomaa H, Kimura EA, Katzin AM
- Issue date: 2004 Dec 10