Standard susceptibility testing overlooks potent azithromycin activity and cationic peptide synergy against MDR Stenotrophomonas maltophilia.
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
Ali, Syed Raza
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe Gram-negative bacillus Stenotrophomonas maltophilia (SM) is an emerging MDR opportunistic pathogen. Recent studies identify a potentially relevant activity of azithromycin against Gram-negative bacteria overlooked in standard bacteriological testing. We investigated azithromycin activity against SM in testing conditions incorporating mammalian tissue culture medium and host defence factors.
CitationStandard susceptibility testing overlooks potent azithromycin activity and cationic peptide synergy against MDR Stenotrophomonas maltophilia. 2016, 71 (5):1264-9 J. Antimicrob. Chemother.
AffiliationHelmholtz-Zentrum für Infectionsforschung GmbH, Inhoffenstr.7, 38124 Braunschweig, Germany.
PubMed Central IDPMC4830416
The following license files are associated with this item:
Except where otherwise noted, this item's license is described as http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/4.0/
- Azithromycin Synergizes with Cationic Antimicrobial Peptides to Exert Bactericidal and Therapeutic Activity Against Highly Multidrug-Resistant Gram-Negative Bacterial Pathogens.
- Authors: Lin L, Nonejuie P, Munguia J, Hollands A, Olson J, Dam Q, Kumaraswamy M, Rivera H Jr, Corriden R, Rohde M, Hensler ME, Burkart MD, Pogliano J, Sakoulas G, Nizet V
- Issue date: 2015 Jul
- Activity of colistin in combination with tigecycline or rifampicin against multidrug-resistant Stenotrophomonas maltophilia.
- Authors: Betts JW, Phee LM, Woodford N, Wareham DW
- Issue date: 2014 Sep
- In vitro bactericidal activity of the N-terminal fragment of the frog peptide esculentin-1b (Esc 1-18) in combination with conventional antibiotics against Stenotrophomonas maltophilia.
- Authors: Maisetta G, Mangoni ML, Esin S, Pichierri G, Capria AL, Brancatisano FL, Di Luca M, Barnini S, Barra D, Campa M, Batoni G
- Issue date: 2009 Sep
- Classical β-Lactamase Inhibitors Potentiate the Activity of Daptomycin against Methicillin-Resistant Staphylococcus aureus and Colistin against Acinetobacter baumannii.
- Authors: Sakoulas G, Rose W, Berti A, Olson J, Munguia J, Nonejuie P, Sakoulas E, Rybak MJ, Pogliano J, Nizet V
- Issue date: 2017 Feb
- Treatment of recurrent Stenotrophomonas maltophilia ventilator-associated pneumonia with doxycycline and aerosolized colistin.
- Authors: Wood GC, Underwood EL, Croce MA, Swanson JM, Fabian TC
- Issue date: 2010 Oct