Staphylococcal serine protease-like proteins are pacemakers of allergic airway reactions to Staphylococcus aureus.
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
van Crombruggen, Koen
Bröker, Barbara M
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractA substantial subgroup of asthmatic patients have "nonallergic" or idiopathic asthma, which often takes a severe course and is difficult to treat. The cause might be allergic reactions to the gram-positive pathogen Staphylococcus aureus, a frequent colonizer of the upper airways. However, the driving allergens of S aureus have remained elusive.
CitationStaphylococcal serine protease-like proteins are pacemakers of allergic airway reactions to Staphylococcus aureus. 2017, 139 (2):492-500.e8 J. Allergy Clin. Immunol.
AffiliationHelmholtz-Zentrum für Infektionsforschung GmbH, Inhoffenstr. 7, 38124 Braunschweig, Germany.
The following license files are associated with this item:
Except where otherwise noted, this item's license is described as http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/4.0/
- Prevalence of serum IgE antibodies to the Staphylococcus aureus enterotoxins (SAE, SEB, SEC, SED, TSST-1) in patients with persistent allergic rhinitis.
- Authors: Rossi RE, Monasterolo G
- Issue date: 2004 Mar
- The IL-33/ST2 axis is crucial in type 2 airway responses induced by Staphylococcus aureus-derived serine protease-like protein D.
- Authors: Teufelberger AR, Nordengrün M, Braun H, Maes T, De Grove K, Holtappels G, O'Brien C, Provoost S, Hammad H, Gonçalves A, Beyaert R, Declercq W, Vandenabeele P, Krysko DV, Bröker BM, Bachert C, Krysko O
- Issue date: 2018 Feb
- Staphylococcus aureus fibronectin-binding protein specifically binds IgE from patients with atopic dermatitis and requires antigen presentation for cellular immune responses.
- Authors: Reginald K, Westritschnig K, Linhart B, Focke-Tejkl M, Jahn-Schmid B, Eckl-Dorna J, Heratizadeh A, Stöcklinger A, Balic N, Spitzauer S, Niederberger V, Werfel T, Thalhamer J, Weidinger S, Novak N, Ollert M, Hirschl AM, Valenta R
- Issue date: 2011 Jul
- Sensitizing and Th2 adjuvant activity of cysteine protease allergens.
- Authors: Cunningham PT, Elliot CE, Lenzo JC, Jarnicki AG, Larcombe AN, Zosky GR, Holt PG, Thomas WR
- Issue date: 2012
- IgG4 subclass-specific responses to Staphylococcus aureus antigens shed new light on host-pathogen interaction.
- Authors: Swierstra J, Debets S, de Vogel C, Lemmens-den Toom N, Verkaik N, Ramdani-Bouguessa N, Jonkman MF, van Dijl JM, Fahal A, van Belkum A, van Wamel W
- Issue date: 2015 Feb