Biofilm Inhibitory Abscisic Acid Derivatives from the Plant-Associated Dothideomycete Fungus, sp.
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
Macabeo, Allan Patrick G
Yuyama, Kamila Tomoko
Hyde, Kevin David
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractRoussoella species are well recorded from both monocotyledons and dicotyledons. As part of a research program to discover biologically active compounds from plant-associated Dothideomycetes in Thailand, the strain Roussoella sp. (MFLUCC 17-2059), which represents an undescribed species, was isolated from Clematis subumbellata Kurz, fermented in yeast-malt medium and explored for its secondary metabolite production. Bioassay-guided fractionation of the crude extract yielded the new abscisic acid derivative, roussoellenic acid (1), along with pestabacillin B (2), a related congener, and the cyclodipeptide, cyclo(S-Pro-S-Ile) (3). The structure of 1 was determined by 2D NMR spectroscopy and HR-ESIMS data analysis. Compounds 1 and 2 showed inhibitory activity on biofilm formation by Staphylococcus aureus. The biofilm formation of S. aureus was reduced to 34% at 16 µg/mL by roussoellenic acid (1), while pestabacillin B (2) only showed 36% inhibition at 256 µg/mL. In addition, compound 1 also had weak cytotoxic effects on L929 murine fibroblasts and human KB3-1 cancer cells.
AffiliationHZI,Helmholtz-Zentrum für Infektionsforschung GmbH, Inhoffenstr. 7,38124 Braunschweig, Germany.
The following license files are associated with this item:
Except where otherwise noted, this item's license is described as Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
- New phenyl derivatives from endophytic fungus Botryosphaeria sp. SCSIO KcF6 derived of mangrove plant Kandelia candel.
- Authors: Ju ZR, Qin X, Lin XP, Wang JF, Kaliyaperumal K, Tian YQ, Liu J, Liu F, Tu Z, Xu SH, Liu Y
- Issue date: 2016
- One strain-many compounds (OSMAC) method for production of polyketides, azaphilones, and an isochromanone using the endophytic fungus Dothideomycete sp.
- Authors: Hewage RT, Aree T, Mahidol C, Ruchirawat S, Kittakoop P
- Issue date: 2014 Dec
- Isochromenones, isobenzofuranone, and tetrahydronaphthalenes produced by Paraphoma radicina, a fungus isolated from a freshwater habitat.
- Authors: El-Elimat T, Raja HA, Figueroa M, Falkinham JO 3rd, Oberlies NH
- Issue date: 2014 Aug
- Cohaerins G-K, azaphilone pigments from Annulohypoxylon cohaerens and absolute stereochemistry of cohaerins C-K.
- Authors: Surup F, Mohr KI, Jansen R, Stadler M
- Issue date: 2013 Nov
- Bioactive metabolites from the endophytic fungus Ampelomyces sp. isolated from the medicinal plant Urospermum picroides.
- Authors: Aly AH, Edrada-Ebel R, Wray V, Müller WE, Kozytska S, Hentschel U, Proksch P, Ebel R
- Issue date: 2008 May