xCELLanalyzer: A Framework for the Analysis of Cellular Impedance Measurements for Mode of Action Discovery
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractMode of action (MoA) identification of bioactive compounds is very often a challenging and time-consuming task. We used a label-free kinetic profiling method based on an impedance readout to monitor the time-dependent cellular response profiles for the interaction of bioactive natural products and other small molecules with mammalian cells. Such approaches have been rarely used so far due to the lack of data mining tools to properly capture the characteristics of the impedance curves. We developed a data analysis pipeline for the xCELLigence Real-Time Cell Analysis detection platform to process the data, assess and score their reproducibility, and provide rank-based MoA predictions for a reference set of 60 bioactive compounds. The method can reveal additional, previously unknown targets, as exemplified by the identification of tubulin-destabilizing activities of the RNA synthesis inhibitor actinomycin D and the effects on DNA replication of vioprolide A. The data analysis pipeline is based on the statistical programming language R and is available to the scientific community through a GitHub repository.
AffiliationHZI,Helmholtz-Zentrum für Infektionsforschung GmbH, Inhoffenstr. 7,38124 Braunschweig, Germany.
The following license files are associated with this item:
Except where otherwise noted, this item's license is described as Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
- Target identification with quantitative activity based protein profiling (ABPP).
- Authors: Chen X, Wong YK, Wang J, Zhang J, Lee YM, Shen HM, Lin Q, Hua ZC
- Issue date: 2017 Feb
- High-throughput metabolomic analysis predicts mode of action of uncharacterized antimicrobial compounds.
- Authors: Zampieri M, Szappanos B, Buchieri MV, Trauner A, Piazza I, Picotti P, Gagneux S, Borrell S, Gicquel B, Lelievre J, Papp B, Sauer U
- Issue date: 2018 Feb 21
- The xCELLigence system for real-time and label-free monitoring of cell viability.
- Authors: Ke N, Wang X, Xu X, Abassi YA
- Issue date: 2011
- Discovery of drug mode of action and drug repositioning from transcriptional responses.
- Authors: Iorio F, Bosotti R, Scacheri E, Belcastro V, Mithbaokar P, Ferriero R, Murino L, Tagliaferri R, Brunetti-Pierri N, Isacchi A, di Bernardo D
- Issue date: 2010 Aug 17
- Kinetic cell-based morphological screening: prediction of mechanism of compound action and off-target effects.
- Authors: Abassi YA, Xi B, Zhang W, Ye P, Kirstein SL, Gaylord MR, Feinstein SC, Wang X, Xu X
- Issue date: 2009 Jul 31