Interferon-γ Receptor Signaling in Dendritic Cells Restrains Spontaneous Proliferation of CD4 T Cells in Chronic Lymphopenic Mice.
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
Dunay, Ildiko Rita
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractIn lymphopenic mice, T cells become activated and undergo lymphopenia-induced proliferation (LIP). However, not all T cells are equally sensitive to lymphopenia. Several lymphopenia-insensitive T cell clones were described and their non-responsiveness was mainly attributed to clone-specific properties. Here, we provide evidence for an additional, host-dependent mechanism restraining LIP of lymphopenia-insensitive CD4+ T cells. We show that such cells undergo LIP in lymphopenic mice lacking IFN-γ receptor (IFN-γR) expression, a process, which is promoted by the autocrine action of T cell-derived IFN-γ. Additionally, LIP of lymphopenia-insensitive CD4+ T cells requires an intact microflora and is accompanied by the massive accumulation of IL-6 and dendritic cells (DCs). Consistent with these results, IL-6 neutralization and the DC-specific restoration of IFN-γR expression are both sufficient to restrict LIP. Hence, the insensitivity of CD4+ T cells to lymphopenia relies on cell-intrinsic properties and a complex interplay between the commensal microflora, IL-6, IFN-γR+ DCs, and T cell-derived IFN-γ.
CitationFront Immunol. 2019 Feb 7;10:140. doi: 10.3389/fimmu.2019.00140. eCollection 2019.
AffiliationTWINCORE, Zentrum für experimentelle und klinische Infektionsforschung GmbH, Feodor-Lynen-Str.7,30625 Hannover, Germany.
JournalFrontiers in Immunology
The following license files are associated with this item:
Except where otherwise noted, this item's license is described as Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
- IFN-gamma receptor signaling regulates memory CD8+ T cell differentiation.
- Authors: Sercan O, Stoycheva D, Hämmerling GJ, Arnold B, Schüler T
- Issue date: 2010 Mar 15
- IL-12hi rapamycin-conditioned dendritic cells mediate IFN-γ-dependent apoptosis of alloreactive CD4+ T cells in vitro and reduce lethal graft-versus-host disease.
- Authors: Stenger EO, Rosborough BR, Mathews LR, Ma H, Mapara MY, Thomson AW, Turnquist HR
- Issue date: 2014 Feb
- Dendritic cells generated in the presence of interferon-alpha stimulate allogeneic CD4+ T-cell proliferation: modulation by autocrine IL-10, enhanced T-cell apoptosis and T regulatory type 1 cells.
- Authors: Carbonneil C, Saidi H, Donkova-Petrini V, Weiss L
- Issue date: 2004 Jul
- Induction of human T helper cell type 1 differentiation results in loss of IFN-gamma receptor beta-chain expression.
- Authors: Groux H, Sornasse T, Cottrez F, de Vries JE, Coffman RL, Roncarolo MG, Yssel H
- Issue date: 1997 Jun 15
- Interferon-gamma is an autocrine mediator for dendritic cell maturation.
- Authors: Pan J, Zhang M, Wang J, Wang Q, Xia D, Sun W, Zhang L, Yu H, Liu Y, Cao X
- Issue date: 2004 Jun 15