A prime-boost vaccination protocol optimizes immune responses against the nucleocapsid protein of the SARS coronavirus.
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractSevere acute respiratory syndrome (SARS) is a serious infectious disease caused by the SARS coronavirus. We assessed the potential of prime-boost vaccination protocols based on the nucleocapsid (NC) protein co-administered with a derivative of the mucosal adjuvant MALP-2 or expressed by modified Vaccinia virus Ankara (MVA-NC) to stimulate humoral and cellular immune responses at systemic and mucosal levels. The obtained results demonstrated that strong immune responses can be elicited both at systemic and mucosal levels following a heterologous prime-boost vaccination protocol consisting in priming with NC protein add-mixed with MALP-2 by intranasal route and boosting with MVA-NC by intramuscular route.
CitationA prime-boost vaccination protocol optimizes immune responses against the nucleocapsid protein of the SARS coronavirus. 2008, 26 (51):6678-84 Vaccine
AffiliationDepartment of Vaccinology and Applied Microbiology, Helmholtz Centre for Infection Research, Inhoffenstrasse 7, D-38124 Braunschweig, Germany.
The following license files are associated with this item:
- Enhanced induction of SARS-CoV nucleocapsid protein-specific immune response using DNA vaccination followed by adenovirus boosting in BALB/c mice.
- Authors: Chunling M, Kun Y, Jian X, Jian Q, Hua S, Minsheng Z
- Issue date: 2006
- Comparative evaluation of two severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS) vaccine candidates in mice challenged with SARS coronavirus.
- Authors: See RH, Zakhartchouk AN, Petric M, Lawrence DJ, Mok CP, Hogan RJ, Rowe T, Zitzow LA, Karunakaran KP, Hitt MM, Graham FL, Prevec L, Mahony JB, Sharon C, Auperin TC, Rini JM, Tingle AJ, Scheifele DW, Skowronski DM, Patrick DM, Voss TG, Babiuk LA, Gauldie J, Roper RL, Brunham RC, Finlay BB
- Issue date: 2006 Mar
- Heterologous MVA-S prime Ad5-S boost regimen induces high and persistent levels of neutralizing antibody response against SARS coronavirus.
- Authors: Ba L, Yi CE, Zhang L, Ho DD, Chen Z
- Issue date: 2007 Oct
- Prior immunization with severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS)-associated coronavirus (SARS-CoV) nucleocapsid protein causes severe pneumonia in mice infected with SARS-CoV.
- Authors: Yasui F, Kai C, Kitabatake M, Inoue S, Yoneda M, Yokochi S, Kase R, Sekiguchi S, Morita K, Hishima T, Suzuki H, Karamatsu K, Yasutomi Y, Shida H, Kidokoro M, Mizuno K, Matsushima K, Kohara M
- Issue date: 2008 Nov 1
- Effect of mucosal and systemic immunization with virus-like particles of severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus in mice.
- Authors: Lu B, Huang Y, Huang L, Li B, Zheng Z, Chen Z, Chen J, Hu Q, Wang H
- Issue date: 2010 Jun